Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Toad on the Wuu. I never did finish the final level on release, so I thought I’d take this as an opportunity to replay the entire game. I’m half way through Book 3 and I’ve been getting all three gems on each level as well as the extra challenge. Awesome game, I’m sure it’ll end up on the Switch at some point hopefully with some extra content.

Comment

I loved Captain Toad. It had me smiling from start to finish.

Comment

I'll be bringing my WiiU back from Malaysia so I'll be able to play through Captain Toad again. Me and the wife will get to finish Woolly World as well. Both very intricate games if you want to go for the 100%, whilst being visually stunning. Getting 96 exits on SMW again recently has made me hungry for more NSMBU - I never did fully complete that, and I didn't get too far with NSLU either.

Comment

The captain toad sections of Mario 3D World were wonderful, the standalone game itself suffered from the lack of variety.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            I'm eager to play this one myself in the near future. Are the levels a bit more in depth and complex than the original game? It always felt like a brilliant gameplay conceit anchored to underwhelming level design, for me. I just cynically put all my skill points into Gravity Kick and smashed everything.
            You'll have to forgive my memory as I haven't played the original in quite a while now.

The areas you can fly around become available earlier in GR2 than the first game. There's a greater sense of verticality with the main town and surrounding islands arranged to allow you to ascend and descend above and below the clouds. I find its as much an enjoyable game to fly/jump/slide around in as it is to play through the main story and that's not so common in modern gaming (at least to me).
            Last edited by Paddy; 20-01-2018, 18:47.

Comment

Back to the beginning of BOTW! I spent over 60 hours and only did the first boss in the first couple of weeks. I have no idea what I was doing.
              So its rewind time.

Comment

A spot of salmon running in Splatoon 2. A little Dark Souls III pvp. But mostly Assassins Creed Origins.

Comment

Got well into act one of Vanquish on 360 then a sesh on I Am Alive, another game I've had sitting on the 360 HDD for many years, can't believe I've never even played it up to the point he reaches his apartment until now!

Finding it quite intriguing, think Silent Hill/Manhunt/SOS The Final Escape and the climbing mechanics of Uncharted in a very dusty postapocalyptic city. But not quite as grandiose as all that. Liking it, that's the point, just don't know why I never persevered with it for so long, I like my games like this.

Comment

Back on Forza Horizon 3 now it's in 4K. I got halfway through the main solo stuff when the hot wheels pack landed so just gone back to do a few events here and there, plus some online races.

Comment

Beat Crash 1 on the Nsane Trilogy. They did a great job remaking this, the same few levels that always give me trouble in the original release also gave me trouble here.

Now on to the sequel.

Comment

Quick blast on Zerogunner 2, trying out a new weapon mod on Battlefront 2, but mainly carrying on with Xenoblade 2.

Comment

Finished Ep 5 of Telltale Batman, really good!
                          started and Beat Soul Calibur 2 Weapon Master and Arcade modes
                          A bit of online fun with COD WW2
                          Couple games of Fortnite/PubG with friends
                          Started Thimble Weed Park today after buying it from the sale
                          Beat first 10 levels in Geometry Wars 3 multiplayer
                          many fun games of Jackbox were played last night wi

Comment

Halfway through Devil's Third and it's already gone from alright PS2 era title, to middling PS2 era title, to poor PS2 era title so I worry for the rest of the encounter. It's barely developed cheap naffness

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Halfway through Devil's Third and it's already gone from alright PS2 era title, to middling PS2 era title, to poor PS2 era title so I worry for the rest of the encounter. It's barely developed cheap naffness
                              I had finished Ninja Gaiden II and loved it, so I looked at what was next from Itagaki and the Devil's Third was announced.

That first trailer looked brilliant, but somewhere along the line they totally remade it and it's not very popular!
                              THQ was initially publishing the title for Valhalla Studios as a360/PS3/PC title, but they went bankrupt. Then Korean publisher Doobic picked it up and they went bust too!

They then went to Nintendo and said Devil's Third would be a great online title for the WiiU, and was a game Nintendo themselves probably couldn't make. So they started again for a WiiU exclusive title with a brand new engine because, you guessed it, the makers of the original engine had gone bankrupt!

It's a shame we never got this version of the game:

Comment

I'd be curious as to how the online mode came across when it was active as the game is a world away from Gaiden. Hand to hand combat is literally pressing on button, its borderline PS1 simplistic

Comment

Working...
                                X