This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Souls II & Dark Souls III !

I'm going to be all souls' out soon (until May!)

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
      Is it better than 4 Golden? Thats the only one I've played and wow, what an experience it was from end to end. I was actually saddened when the game was over as the character development, art style, town, gameplay, everything was simply perfect. Does 5 improve on it all or would you say 4G was overall better?
      There are improvements in the battle system and graphically it feels like a larger and bolder title. However I have a very soft spot for P4G and still prefer that over P5.

Both games are great but if they remade P4G with the current engine of P5 I think that would be my hands-down favourite Persona game period.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        There are improvements in the battle system and graphically it feels like a larger and bolder title. However I have a very soft spot for P4G and still prefer that over P5.

Both games are great but if they remade P4G with the current engine of P5 I think that would be my hands-down favourite Persona game period.
        Thank you, I bought this a while back but didn't even start it due to some grumblings Id read about it not being a patch on P4G (which I think is the 2nd best RPG ever, after Grandia II) but based on what I've peeped around here I'm thinking I may have to make that 100 hour investment.

Crazy thing is even though I put upwards of 80 hours into P4G it didn't feel like it thanks to the Vitas form factor and instant on as you could just dive in and out as and when as opposed to marathon couch sessions. In that respect alone I am looking forward to a Switch in a few years time as its so handy and literally changes the game as grinding isn't a chore when you can do it like that plus those sweet sweet "Ah well, just a quick 30 minutes before bed" moments too.

Comment

My Fairytale Adventure (Disney) - Wii

Comment

Finally joined in the ps4, playing an old one, star wars battlefront.

Comment

I tried to play Life is Strange after buying the season pass.
              I swear I'd set it to download, but when I tried playing more episodes, it just kept linking me to the PS Store, where it said I'd purchased them all, with no way to play or download them.

Eventually, I had to go to a download list of purchases and download them.

Next time I played, I literally just checked it worked, but I'll play more soon.

So, just titbits of stuff this week. Superhot, Nex Machina and Minecraft.
              Every time I play the latter, it tells me there's a new version, but I have to buy it again, so I just go to the Xbox One version.

Anyone got the new version (£16ish)? Any good?

Comment

@replicashooter, take heed of Wakka's words that Persona 5 takes 10 hours or so to get going. Its a slow burner of a JRPG but if you get into it you'll enjoy it a great deal.

I do still yearn for P4G in this game's style but whether Atlus will bother with remaking that game again is anyone's guess.

I finally started on Gravity Rush 2 as I thought the servers were being taken offline this week. Thankfully Sony has had the wisdom to extend the period they will remain online by another six months. Although the game starts a little run-of-the-mill with what appear to be fetch quests for various characters, the game thankfully picks up. Shifting gravity and essentially 'flying' around is still exhilarating and once you obtain the Lunar/Jupiter styles the game becomes even more of a joy to play.

The camera can freak out occasionally and cause a headache on occasion. As it stands though its still a great game and not much beats using Kat's powers to slide along the side of a building, then rocket jumping off the edge whilst in Lunar Style and flying hundreds of feet through the air.

Maybe there will be a Gravity Rush 3 one day but in the meantime I'll keep playing the current. Its more of Gravity Rush on the PS4 with some cool new abilities/styles that allow you to have fun with the game's physics.
                Last edited by Paddy; 17-01-2018, 13:05.

Comment

I finally started on Gravity Rush 2 as I thought the servers were being taken offline this week. Thankfully Sony has had the wisdom to extend the period they will remain online by another six months. Although the game starts a little run-of-the-mill with what appear to be fetch quests for various characters, the game thankfully picks up. Shifting gravity and essentially 'flying' around is still exhilarating and once you obtain the Lunar/Jupiter styles the game becomes even more of a joy to play.

The camera can freak out occasionally and can cause a bit of a headache on occasion. As it stands though its still a great game and not much can beat using Kat's powers to slide along the side of a building, then rocket jumping off the edge whilst in Lunar Style and flying hundreds of feet through the air.

Maybe there will be a Gravity Rush 3 one day but in the meantime I'll keep playing the current. Its more of Gravity Rush on the PS4 with some cool new abilities/styles that allow you to have fun with the game's physics.
                  The servers don't add much to the solo game, do they? When Gravity Rush 2’s servers finally close, players will no longer be able to view leaderboards, collect special content or send each other various challenges.

Most people get excited with shiny graphics when new consoles come out, but I'm always interested in how they can handle physics.
                  I remember the shot of Frank West surrounded by an ocean of the undead before the 360 came out and the Havok PS4 physics demo with loads of objects all reacting with their own gravity.

I always thought that kind of thing having more potential for video game fun than the shinier chrome on an AK-47 or more realistic coloured blood.

I'll probably pick Gravity Rush 2 up when it's cheap after the servers close, but I love how it's making a mockery of physics to make your character super powered.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                    How’s the bvm hang’in, dave?
                    Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Great, thanks. Remember the red tally light issue when powering on without a source? Well it seems to be resolving itself after more and more use. I've got around a 10-12 second grace period now where "NO SYNC" is displayed lower-left before it creeps off and flips to the tally. I'll likely want it looking at at some point, still. I imagine it must've sat there for years without any use.
                    Fixed! I have the "NO SYNC" message now displaying indefinitely as long as there is no source detected.

Comment

Seriously? No one eager to find out more about my recent gaming? Attention seeking on the Web isn't what it used to be for sure. Kids these days - seen it all...

Comment

@replicashooter, take heed of Wakka's words that Persona 5 takes 10 hours or so to get going. Its a slow burner of a JRPG but if you get into it you'll enjoy it a great deal.

I do still yearn for P4G in this game's style but whether Atlus will bother with remaking that game again is anyone's guess.

The camera can freak out occasionally and cause a headache on occasion. As it stands though its still a great game and not much beats using Kat's powers to slide along the side of a building, then rocket jumping off the edge whilst in Lunar Style and flying hundreds of feet through the air.

Maybe there will be a Gravity Rush 3 one day but in the meantime I'll keep playing the current. Its moreof Gravity Rush on the PS4 with some cool new abilities/styles that allow you to have fun with the game's physics.
                        I'm eager to play this one myself in the near future. Are the levels a bit more in depth and complex than the original game? It always felt like a brilliant gameplay conceit anchored to underwhelming level design, for me. I just cynically put all my skill points into Gravity Kick and smashed everything.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          I just cynically put all my skill points into Gravity Kick and smashed everything.
                          That's your answer to everything, Smasher!

Comment

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Justice For All. Quite enjoying it, but I find it a bit too relaxing. Falling asleep on the bus with the 3ds in my hand is a common occurence!

Comment

Well, after Starfox Zero turned out to be utter tripe I'm moving on to the next game I expect won't be great whilst continuing with my ongoing one so its currently:

-Devil's Third
                              -South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Comment

Been playing Uncharted 4. Looks amazing but there's a lot of faffing about. It's alright so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X