Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sj33 View Post
    Just in case people are not aware - the retail PS4 game has a disc check (confirmed myself with my own copy), but if you downloaded the latest open beta last week, you will be able to use your retail key with that and play with no disc check. You will need to insert the disc once so that the trophies get registered, but after that you can stick with your downloaded game.
    Sorry for being dense but I've just tried this now and I can't seem to force it to do anything from the disc without deleting the existing client? Do I have to wipe it, install from disc, then download it?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
      Been away for a while due to RL. So just updating and installing on PS4 to try it out today. I'm still on Rag but unsure about my FC as ive not spoke to them in months.

Tobal you staying on Cerb? Might be up for transferring if people are gathering in one place.
      I'm gonna stick with xi, I don't have time for 2 mmo's and 14 for all the vast improvements felt like a single player game. With xi continuing to get an update every month i'll kept my subs there, its really strange that with a skeleton crew there pumping out more content and gameplay improvements than during its prime, so much so I can only realistically gear 1 job to max.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Sorry for being dense but I've just tried this now and I can't seem to force it to do anything from the disc without deleting the existing client? Do I have to wipe it, install from disc, then download it?
        Maybe that's what you need to do. I did actually delete the beta client first of all (because the trophies were not initially added) before noticing that the trophies were added. Maybe I had to delete the beta client in order to trigger this? Either way, I then reinstalled the beta client - it will appear on your PSN download list.

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
        When in upgraded from ps3-4 via mog station it have me a code to download the new client, but the code kept working initiall, then telling me the code had already been used- after it showed me what I could download oddly.

I've been using the beta client to get on as I've read online it was fine. Should I just delete the beta client and attempt the code it gave me again?
        I guess in your case, you may as well just delete the beta client and use the code, seeing as the code will give you a download copy. There's no difference between the beta client and final download game - both will automatically update to the newest version of the game. The beta requires a bit of faff to get the trophies installed, too.

Comment

Been sidetracked from tome farming lately with gathering jobs and treasure hunting, full party treasure hunts are good fun, I think my party did about 20 maps in a row the other day. Have gone and got Fishing to level 50 and will be trying to complete the Titanic Sawfish quest, requires double HQ mooching and some luck, have heard of people spending 7-8 hours straight without catching one.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
            Been sidetracked from tome farming lately with gathering jobs and treasure hunting, full party treasure hunts are good fun, I think my party did about 20 maps in a row the other day. Have gone and got Fishing to level 50 and will be trying to complete the Titanic Sawfish quest, requires double HQ mooching and some luck, have heard of people spending 7-8 hours straight without catching one.
            Been playing this pretty casual over the last week on PS4 and still enjoying it. I'm surprised but it seems to run better on my PS4 than my PC and I have a decent PC rig. I guess that the advantage of them being able to optimize for one set of hardware.

Not sure if ill stick with it yet or not as its still the same with new coil and the harder primals, you can see how SE will move it on again in a few months. Its not a cycle I'll see myself enjoying just logging on to grid out tombs, but I guess only time will tell.

I might try out Elder Scrolls to see how it compares but I believe its having tons of problems at the moment so will stick with this for now until they are ironed out.

Comment

Think I'm on the same trajectory as you DJ, the game is just pure gear acquisition based on learning patterns. I've got some fair play in it yet as I've not passed T5 but that's simply down to not wanting to dump hours of time into learning the pattern. Think that's partly as I'm doing everything really in PUGs, I miss the old days of doing fights with the LS.

The Titan ex fight gave me a load of trouble till I turned down settings then got immediate clears, the game seems more focused on getting the right client setting than anything else . Leviathan took all of 3 tries to clear not got to the moogle one yet but will have a look then maybe start on clearing T5.

The community isn't great either, though there are exceptions - far to much e-peen over parsers and crap.

Like wedge I've mostly been gathering of late, I'm fishing for Silvers and quite enjoying it as something to chill with after the little one has gone to bed.

My concern is that the evolution is going to be get gear, then we'll devalue gear and put in new gear - get new gear - repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                My concern is that the evolution is going to be get gear, then we'll devalue gear and put in new gear - get new gear - repeat.

Yeah this is what I'm worried about. Don't get me wrong I understand the need for new gear but why not just add in alternatives like 11 maybe with 1 outstanding piece. Allagan and the i90 lvl tomb gear is a great example of this they could just expand on it, like they did for ilvl60. If it keeps going like this though I would expect a slump in people's quality of gear as why would they farm there asses off just to know in 6months it will become easily available?

I fear though that within 6months we will be farming tombs for the weathered gear and a new limited tomb for i110 gear.

I tried PvP yesterday and it was gear fun. I did about 10 matches which our team won 7.

Will finally be getting round to trying some of the Ex primals tonight as i'm now geared up enough on PLD.

Still its drawing me back so we will see!

Comment

Crafting seems to be the way to go atm for me as well, tried to gain access to crystal tower but no one seems to be doing the prerequisite duties anymore and I can't solo them.. Hit 50 miner a week or so ago and started on goldsmith now which seems to be progressing nicely as a couple of early level synths are quite profitable currently.

Who do I see for an invite to L&L btw? About time I joined a company.

Comment

I'll be able to give you an FC invite Dara.

Also video from our 1 healer, 1 tank Twin kill

Comment

Still catching up with whats, what but after clearing Titan Ex last night I see that after Ifrit you get a ilvl90 Weapon reward. Are any of them worth taking over the other, or is it just a vanity thing?

PLD and BRD which are my main jobs I have Zenith for both at the moment why working on Atma for PLD. But for both them jobs I don't see any real benefit over the Zeniths. BLM (Elder Staff) looks decent in comparison at a glance.

Anyone any advice?

Titan Ex was completely awesome, easily the best fight I've come across so far.

*Edit I see that you can get 1 a week so its not really an issue if I take one, its not like you can't get the others.
                      Last edited by djtickle; 01-05-2014, 10:26.

Comment

I've been getting back into this by a large amount recently, even going so far as to buy a PS4 solely to play this properly when the lady has the PC.

I finally decided to break out of being a complete casual and attempt Turn 5+ and EX Primals.

Garuda EX and Turn 5 both downed with my FC now. Working on Titan EX and Turn 6+ now, as well as spending the majority of my time with Atma farming... Which is a pain in the ass to say the least. I've spent the last 3 days in Upper La Noscea, and the Atma finally, FINALLY dropped today, putting me on 5 of 12.

More to go, more to go...

Comment

After Tian Ex, Ifrit and Levi are a let down! Ifrit is pretty boring as really it's not much different than V1. Levi was fun but lacks the challenge Titan was.

At least there is reason to farm Levi, I want the barding!

Comment

I finally finished the main scenario. Now working on the astral era scenario.

What else should I do? I can't even get on Ifrit hard my ilevel is 45 can't seem to find a belt at 49 and everything is way expensive...

Comment

You could start running Wanderer's Palace and Amdapor Keep. They drop i55 items which should get your iLvl high enough to do Ifrit.

Comment

Patch Notes for 2.3

Quite a big update.

Comment

Working...
                                X