Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Then...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a new installer for phase 3?

Comment

Yeah must be, just got a little worried ;p

Comment

Meh, no 1.0 characters until week 2 of phase 3 and beta characters gone too, so this week its back to square one. In that time I'll just be checking out the other starting zones I guess.

Also beta patch is live so you can get updated now. Just under 6Gig update.
        Last edited by mikewl; 12-06-2013, 22:04.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
          Meh, no 1.0 characters until week 2 of phase 3 and beta characters gone too, so this week its back to square one. In that time I'll just be checking out the other starting zones I guess.

Also beta patch is live so you can get updated now. Just under 6Gig update.
          Thanks for the heads up, downloading the update now

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
            Massive disappointment!

Although Wedge needs to start linking us to his sources instead of just dropping disappointmenton bombs and running.

With everyone creating new characters for phase 3, should probably clarify that our old characters will be Gungnir and I think the old server names will be back for this phase so hopefully everyone can get onto the same server. I'll be logging in first thing when the beta goes live in the morning so I'll post here to confirm what server we're using.
            Last edited by C'; 13-06-2013, 07:34.

Comment

Will progress on our mains be wiped at official launch?

Also, not sure if you guys have read through this post http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62271

In summary, the Gungnir server will be located in Japan. We should all think about choosing a NA/EU server soon, as the transfer application period will start mid June.

The NA/EU servers are:
              Sargatanas
              Balmung
              Hyperion
              Excalibur
              Ragnarok (recommended as the NA/EU server at the time of the world mergers 27.03.12, not sure if this is still the case).

They will be releasing more info soon, so we can wait until then, just wanted to mark everyone's cards,

P.S I've located Wedge's source, the little bugger - http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...hase-3-Outline
              Last edited by apathy87; 13-06-2013, 09:03.

Comment

Thought that it was worth mentioning to people who want to give this an early go on the PS3, there's a video on the US store which bags you a chance of getting a beta code if you download it.

Comment

Originally posted by apathy87 View Post
                  Will progress on our mains be wiped at official launch?
                  1.0 characters' progress from Phase 3 will not be carried over but they have said that any progress from phase 4 (i.e. open beta) will be carried over as long as there are no problems.

Comment

I'll try and remember to post source of information in future lol.

Regarding servers, me repp and rare discussed it a bit last week, we're thinking about seeing how our existing server is on phase 3/4 before looking into moving, should it seem best to move then we'll make sure we all end up in the same place, but there is no rush to make a decision.

Edit: transfer application being soon maybe we do need to think about it sooner, possibility of servers becoming full could be an issue.
                    Last edited by mikewl; 13-06-2013, 15:52.

Comment

From a recent interview:

What are the target levels for the new dungeons?
                      Y: This time we will have 15, 16, 17, 23, 29, 32. Level cap is at 35 so it’s 7 dungeons.
                      Even if we create new characters for this weekend getting high enough to try the 15, 16 and 17 dungeons should be feasible. We may need to coordinate our choice of classes somewhat to make sure we're not lacking in any areas (i.e. tanks).

I'd like to finally give PGL a try again (given it was my main in 1.0) but willing to do ARC or CNJ again if necessary.

Comment

I'll aim for the low level dungeons, will be starting in Limsa Lominsa this time round and have no intention of stepping one foot into Gridania this weekend lol, so hopefully some of those dungeons are in new zones.

Comment

http://www.ustream.tv/squareenix

English translated live letter will start sometime this evening.

Comment

Just so you know they have started sending out PS3 beta codes.

Comment

Guess the install isn't working currently as it says The Server is not responding

Comment

Ha! I have a beta code!

Comment

Working...
                                X