Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not the biggest VR player ever, partly due to time restrictions, partly due to the exertions involved in getting something off a shelf and plugging it in ... but when Im in the mood it hits the mark like nothing else.

Motivation today came from an overdue trip into Area X on Rez. This is, and may always be, the single-most amazing gaming experience I've ever had. Not just the first time I played it but every time I play it. It just takes me somewhere really happy. It's like what every 80s kid wished future gaming would be. And it's one of those rare games that's worth owning the system for alone.

But there are other treats too. After blowing my mind with Rez I put on Pinball FX VR for the first time. Pinball is something gaming has done very well for years but the feeling of actually standing at a table adds a whole other layer. But for a layer that brings the experience closer to reality, it's interesting that the environments (while playing each table) are alive and animated with fantastical stuff going on. It's not a game breaker, but I'd have preferred and old fashioned arcade full of noise, but perhaps not people asking for your last credit.

Comment

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Now I missed this on PS3, as I was readying myself for PS4, but man... WHAT A GAME! I’m playing the 360 version on Xbox One X in 4K HDR. How on earth did I never play this before?! This game is INCREDIBLE! Sekiro will be taking a back seat for a while, so I can become a grandmaster of Zandatsu.

The best thing is that it was free!

Totally anazed.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

After several hours of Nioh and Dark Souls 3 decided that those challenging games aren’t for me anymore. Bit sad as I had tons of fun with all the prior entries and finished most of them at least once. Anyway, I moved on to Dragon’s Dogma which I’m enjoying a fair bit.

Comment

Creed on PSVR. As I mentioned in the dedicated thread it's not perfect but it's a great party game. My sons are obsessed with it ... to the point where I think they believe they're fully fledged professional boxers now, such is the power of the role-play

Comment

I've been working through The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and although its a little twee I mostly like what it does with the main themes and characters (i.e I care about them). It does riff on the recent Persona games a little but they meld social and RPG elements well so I don't think its a bad series to be influenced by.

I'm aware of what I'm letting myself in for as I know there are three more numbered entries after this one what with it being a tetralogy but thankfully there's some time between each one's Western release. If I like this one by the end I might pick up the next one and carry on that way if the quality remains high.
            Last edited by Paddy; 06-05-2019, 19:07.

Comment

returned to Yakuza 5 after a break, foolish went into 5 just after finishing Zero and got out burned out. So im back, said to myself i wouldn't do every sidestory and finish the major mini games with each character but... hmm, i cleared out Kiryu Part1 with the taxi racing and customer missions, and all but 1 of his sidequests, before getting into the thick of it with the Tigers survival wildlife hunt... which came completely out of nowwhere, i do love the strange and crazy stuff Sega stretched the last Ps3 game out with and i still have 3 characters to play as yet.

Comment

I'm about 7 hours into Persona 5 and man, there's some heavy stuff going on here. I'm not a fan of the way it keeps jumping back to the present with the investigator demanding answers though; never been a fan of that kind of storytelling and it happens too often here.

It looks great on PS3 although movement feels a little imprecise. There seems to be a bit of a deadzone for the analogue sticks.

Also, I suck at negotiation with enemy monsters heh.

Comment

After my Spider-Man movie marathon last week, I've been getting back into the PS4 Spider-Man game.

It still astonishes me when a cutscene is running in-game and proves it by handing over control. I haven't felt like this since MGS2 with its zooming button(my memories of its cutscenes include the incessant zooming because I just couldn't help myself).

I play it a bit every few weeks and keep forgetting the buttons! So right now I just keep mashing square.

Comment

Still playing and enjoying RDR2.
                    I can definitely say I've had my money's worth!
                    I've been on it for 4 days, 21 hours and 19 minutes.

I'm about a quarter through Chapter 6 and it's still a beautiful and engaging game.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Still playing and enjoying RDR2.
                      I can definitely say I've had my money's worth!
                      I've been on it for 4 days, 21 hours and 19 minutes.

I'm about a quarter through Chapter 6 and it's still a beautiful and engaging game.
                      *TANNOY: chimpy chower, chimpy chower, please report to the playstation plus thread for a whoopin*

Comment

Been trying my best with Contra - The Hard Corps. Got the first level down pretty well so far... Very cool game.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                          *TANNOY: chimpy chower, chimpy chower, please report to the playstation plus thread for a whoopin*
                          I'm sure you'd still be playing RDR2 if I hadn't beaten you to the bargain last year.

Snooze y'looz!

Comment

Finished it and moved on!

Comment

SEKIRO: Shadows Die Twice,this game gonna drive me crazy

Comment

Umihara Kawase Fresh! and Mechstermination Force.

Comment

Working...
                                X