Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skirmish ver2. Aza and I did 2 runs of it, which turns out to very hectic tower defence events.

1st map we got was easier for us and they steamed in from 1 location, ahead of us where 2 monster dens after we figure we could move well beyond the base, after about 20 mins the monsters generator speed up and we lost control as we where all over the place smacking dens and not paying attention to the increasing count of mobs.

2nd go they gave us a map with 2 entry points, found 3 dens this time, but we got overwhelmed again by the end, just about managed to kill 50+ mobs but not finish the secondary objective when we got the 5 mins warning and decided to quit out with out won treasure.

Best event in ages.

Comment

I'm just getting my head around this Empy. Armour. I reckon me and my mate are going to farm a few of these +1s and then jump into ZM. I'm currently 95 on BLM only, we're casually waiting for some help to unlock LB10.

I might try to get THF up to 95 in the meanwhile...

Comment

Well recent events for us have been to get tox into adoulin content via skirmish which has really boosted his performance. We did a ton of skirmish v1 to get weapons (I have them all apart from h2h), and then moved to skirmish v2 to upgrade them and get the new armour which is such a good boost for beginners/returners that aza/mike has a beast of war now.

Even i'm giving up on the empyrean armour now (save a few job ability enhancers I macro in/out) and BLM empy just useless in the face of the new magic changes that's it not worth doing over even the most basic bayld point brought mage gear. The change to damage and the new stat of "Magic DMG" make nuking with teir 1 to 3 nukes more damaging over time by a massive margin than doing a couple of T4/5/Ja's and running out of MP.

if you've got some gil around the Atinian Staff is now around 2m and is a game changer for magic jobs that can use it if you can't get in to skirmish and upgrade to Lehbrailg+1.

Btw the next gear upgrades SE are looking to do are for the original AF gear to bring them inline with iL109 gear GEO and RUN got. For a lot of jobs AF always had some good job ability changers so im looking forward to seeing what they'll do.

Comment

Well, AF1 updates would help me out a bit. It's taking ages for me to form seal farming parties given my play schedule.

I've resorted to leveling BST in the hopes of being able to solo Dynamis for some gil opportunities. I'm at lvl31 now and wondering if I should key whore in a worm party or continue farming Beastmen Seals for some BCNM40. I need Utsusemi: Ni for myself (THF sub) and wouldn't mind one for selling on top of that. I blew all my seals on Penitent's Rope attempts way back when.

2mil gil is still a wank-fantasy for me. I've not even thought about skirmish.

Comment

dnc is the sub of choice in dynamis, it covers healing, debuff removal, free invis/sneak and helps proc ja related weakness for making coins drop double or triple.

As for making gil you have farming abyssea for bloodthread or pieste stingers(can be gotten in normal places to) that people use to trade in for bayld point assignments in adoulin, skirmish ver2 v stone drops and of course "fishing"

Skirmish is very entry level stuff when you make 1/1/1 Key items(head/body/feet statue parts), that way you can get half decent weapons you can use in a skirmish ver2 1/1/1 to upgrade them in to murder machines.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen prety much everyone subbing DNC. I might choose THF/DNC over THF/NIN then.

Cheers for the Bloodthread tip! 140k a stack? Don't mind if I do.

Comment

Thanks to a wife-less weekend I've been completely no-lifing this. Managed to get 99THF/49DNC and blow all my remaining 350k on half-decent items. I never expected my first end-game job to be THF!

Let the farming commence (after dagger skill-ups).

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Thanks to a wife-less weekend I've been completely no-lifing this. Managed to get 99THF/49DNC and blow all my remaining 350k on half-decent items. I never expected my first end-game job to be THF!

Let the farming commence (after dagger skill-ups).
                  Nice, have you started on Adoulin yet, if not its a good point to start farming Bayld and getting the gear available, then maybe look into Skirmish for the next teir of weapons/gear.

Comment

I was thinking of maybe farming the aby. seals to get the empy. armour before doing that, or can I simply jump right into Bayld gear?

Comment

I pretty much skipped Abysea gear as to me the Bayld stuff seemed better and much easier to get, you can jump right in, its worth doing the starter missions just so your daily coalition tags start building up. Best way then is to use your tags and when out of tags just do colonization reives in ceizak battlegrounds, should get you about 1k bayld a time. They have released two sets of bayld gear now for each class, so best to go for the newer set.

Comment

That's my weekend sorted!

I reckon I should at least get dagger to over 300 first. Obtaining gear like that with gimped stats feels naughty.

Comment

From 300 Dagger Skill the mobs outside Adoulin are great for capping weapons as well, as long as you can solo them.

The latest Skirmish gear really felt too easy to get for what is some of the best stuff in the game at the moment.

Comment

An unlikely trio...

Comment

It looks like I've gotten as far as I can with collecting gear.

I'm one hour behind the Japanese, so I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to finding/creating parties for Delve or Wildskeeper Reives. Even Skirmish took way longer than it should have done.

The only chance I have of completing my sets would require me to do all-nighters so that I can be on with the US and EU players.

Besides that, I'm just waiting for my friend and then we can see how far we get with duoing story content.

Comment

Not posted in a while. Main accomplishments have been finishing spharai (h2h relic) and getting ebisu rod. Currently doing wildkeepers mainly with improved cost to enter and drops, after that would be skirmish and farming REM item upgrades.

Next login campaign is giving away empy+2 upgrades and af+1 bits making artifact il109 cheaper and soon enough af il119. Also did a few new hard mode bcnms with tox, good old school fun, hopefully we'll do some bcnm20 hardmode soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X