No announcement yet.

Star Wars Episode 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it could be great. I just don't want Han and Leias kids in it, old Luke as wise Jedi master or an old grey haired Chewie. Let those characters keep their dignity

Keep 3PO and R2 in it by all means, and lots of X-wing vs Tie Fighter space battles and Star Destoyers and Stormtroopers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Predicting Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts 3 - you heard it here first!

Beat you by a good few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
        This is great news! Why? Disney can't give up the chance to make tons of moneyz by finally releasing the original versions of the trilogy.
        Unlikely to happen sadly, from what I also read, Fox retains theatrical and home rights to the six films released so far until 2020.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

These have a chance at being good without George Lucas.

Comment

I will personally drag Walt Disney out of cryogenic storage, revive him and beat him to death with a moldy starfish if they treat Star Wars like Pirates of the Caribbean and make a billion unnecessary sequels out of this. Another trilogy may be alright - no more and no less.

I think I'm coming to term with this, and I dare to hope that these will be good...

There's absolutely no chance that these won't absolutely blast the existing canon to pieces though

Comment

I think the biggest problem will be getting the original cast back, if some of the story revolves around them ... Most of them are pushing retirement age, or will be well over that by 2015.

This doesn't really surprise me though, its been talked about for a long time .... Disney buying Lucusarts is the surprise here.

Comment

The universe is ripe for exploitation/exploration. Good v Evil with superpowers/politics/intrigue/spaceships is the basis of a great movie.

I myself would love to see a reboot of the original. It could be pretty good in the hands of a great director. I'd love to see an adult darker re-imaging. Maybe a Stephen Donaldson script - who should be the director? Cast?

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                  The universe is ripe for exploitation
                  Man, if only Lucas had realised that...

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                    The universe is ripe for exploitation/exploration. Good v Evil with superpowers/politics/intrigue/spaceships is the basis of a great movie.

I myself would love to see a reboot of the original. It could be pretty good in the hands of a great director. I'd love to see an adult darker re-imaging. Maybe a Stephen Donaldson script - who should be the director? Cast?
                    Get Nolan in ... Bale can be Darth Vader, they wouldn't even need to change the voice!

In all seriousness I think they would be better of making films from the 'Old Republic' era myself, rather than trying to do proper sequels. That way you have a clean slate and you can start from fresh, make it a semi-reboot if you like then.

Comment

Lucas has completed his whoring and gone over completely to the Dark Side. F him, he hasnt a clue
                      I love it when people write that sort silly rubbish . Looking over this is the man that created and wrote 2 amazing franchises, that was sensible enough to keep the rights to Star Wars merchandising . Lucas is also the man that's made billions and just made another couple of billion , more money than you'll ever make that's for sure .

He's got more of a clue that you mate , that's for sure .

Comment

Making money is awesome! All the best people make money.

Comment

And finding faults with people who wrote and made ones so called favourite films is great too I guess.

At the end of day Lucas made Star Wars and can do what the he likes with it; Don't like it, come up with your own rival to Star Wars and show Lucas how its done

Comment

Originally posted by Mekanor
                            if they treat Star Wars like Pirates of the Caribbean and make a billion unnecessary sequels out of this.

What, their sole reason for purchase of Lucasfilm? They've even said they're going to release a new one every two years! Star Wars has been whored out to such an extent by this point that it doesn't really matter, we'll always have the originals which are still great movies. Well, apart from all the CGI crap they added.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang

Comment

God... I really hope Nolan isn't hired to make it. He's good, but completely wrong for Star Wars

Comment

Plenty of people have shown Lucas how it's done. He didn't pay attention. Disney seem somewhat better placed than me to show him once more.

Comment

Working...
                                X