User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/311...f-conan-update

More chatter about the film and Arnie's involvement, particularly around the subject of his age

So this will be basically the last stand with swords and sandals. Think I'll pass.

Fifteen or twenty years ago, I'd be all over this. He is too old and has become a parody of himself.

He was a parody since Junior I'd say. Its been downhill since after True Lies

The first movie while a classic Arnie movie isn't a Conan movie by any stretch of the imagination, the story, the villains everything was taken from REHs Kull, i don't think a lot of people know this and they assume the movie was right and that Conan was a slave, that his village was destroyed and he was orphaned and none of this is true.

I doubt there will ever be a movie to do Conan justice. They'll never get the tone right or sense of adventure or the unique fantasy world. It always feels like they slap the Conan name on because of the name while really its a general fantasy movie with swords. It's like what they did with the 98 Godzilla make a giant dinosaur movie then slap the Godzilla name on it.

This as a high adventure movie with an older Arnold playing Conan with him still craving adventure after he has been King really could work though and i'd be interested to see how they do it, i just hope it doesn't become too comedic with him all "**** i'm old" constantly.

I was reading that thinking, well the movie is the movie and, as its own thing, it's awesome so does it matter that it's not actually like the source material and...

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDragoN View Post
    It's like what they did with the 98 Godzilla make a giant dinosaur movie then slap the Godzilla name on it
    Oh. Yeah, now I see your point. And you're right. I do love Arnie's Conan movie but I must admit to having no clue about the original material. I guess the one difference between that and Godzilla is, taken on its own merits, it's not a bad movie (Godzilla '98 is). But I can totally understand your point of view as a fan of Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDragoN View Post
    The first movie while a classic Arnie movie isn't a Conan movie by any stretch of the imagination, the story, the villains everything was taken from REHs Kull, i don't think a lot of people know this and they assume the movie was right and that Conan was a slave, that his village was destroyed and he was orphaned and none of this is true
    Well, they took parts of a few of the original stories and pieced them together for a full-length film. Personally, I think they did a pretty decent job with it, while obviously not a one-on-one recreation of Conan's story, it's still an entertaining and interesting film in it's own right to introduce people to Conan's world (like myself).

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/410...ew-conan-title

Arnie says the film is on its way and the title is being changed to the one in the thread title so that it fits better with the two existing entries