Replacing DS Lite battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing DS Lite battery

So I think the battery in my DS might be on its last legs. It used to last days between charges, now it's getting a few hours at most. I looked on ebay, and there are lots of cheap ones for about ?3. Are these ones likely to be ****? Is there an 'official' battery, or a good make to get? Have you replaced your battery, and do you have a recommendation for maximum battery life?

I'm thinking of trying this one: http://www.buyabattery.co.uk/uniross...7v-820mah.html
    Not sure if it works in a Lite though. Would also like to know the answers to your questions.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's a different type of battery.

Comment

I bought one off eBay for around ?4 but it didn't sustain the charge very well

Comment

Also, you have to ask yourself if these cheap Li-ion batteries have proper protection circuits built in. You don't really want your hands exploding.

Comment

I called Nintendo.
            DS Lite Battery is ?10 delivered
            DS Phat Battery is ?10.50 delivered

They don't do GBASP any more.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
              I bought one off eBay for around ?4 but it didn't sustain the charge very well
              Those cheap eBay batteries from China are completely useless. Bought one for my old mobile phone sometime back. Didn't hold a charge at all. Worse than the official battery that was at least six years old.

Comment

Yup, never cheap out on batteries.

Comment

Working...
                X