Sega Fighting Classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Fighting Classics

Sega has registered more games lined up for XBL.

Sonic the Fighters, Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers have been rated, PC and PSN releases are likely also

Virtua Fighter 2? **** yes!

Comment

Fighting Vipers? Neat.

Comment

My guess is they will all be PS2 ports I we know if they are going to be sold as a bundle like the streets of rage pack or will they be seperate releases. My guess would be a triple pack as selling them on there own each for 800msp would not be good.

Comment

Really do hope that Sega at some point will re-release Fighters Megamix, i always wanted this for the Saturn but as i had little money at the time this game passed me by, just wonder if there would be any licence issue with some of the original unlockable fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
            Really do hope that Sega at some point will re-release Fighters Megamix, i always wanted this for the Saturn but as i had little money at the time this game passed me by, just wonder if there would be any licence issue with some of the original unlockable fighters.
            Unlikely for Fighters Megamix as all the characters were Sega based, that said however we haven't seen many direct Saturn ports apart from the Treasure based games, all the rest tended to be based on Arcade or PC code.

Fighting Vipers, however will likely be missing the Pespi man character however, unless they change the branding on him. Anyone know if he was in the PS2 version or not?
            Last edited by S3M; 09-10-2012, 21:46. Reason: Me being a idiot and not reading what I posted

Comment

Pepsiman was in Fighting Vipers, rather than Megamix. I think he was missing from the non-JP versions, mind.

Comment

For Sonic the Fighters they probably use Model 2 code. So perhaps for the other 2 as well. They are kind of useless releases, VF5 FS is there for example. But they're nice to have in the collection. At this rate we're getting SR1, 2 and Daytona 2 within a few years probably.

Comment

heres hoping for some kind of online play mode!!

Comment

Hoping for Fighter Megamix HD. These will do though great stuff. Still hoping for Arcade perfect ports of Scud Race, Sega Rally 2 and finally F355 Challenge. Come on Sega you know you want to. So glad we have these and Daytona plus OutRun so far in a personal note.

Comment

Fighting Vipers it's been a long time.....

I'd also like to have another crack at Sonic the Fighters, the one and only time I played that was in the Trocadero back in March 1998!

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                        For Sonic the Fighters they probably use Model 2 code.
                        Surely they will use the PS2 code from the Sonic Gems Collection, given Nights was also ported from PS2? We'll see though.

Comment

Working...
                        X