No announcement yet.

Wii U- worst launch line up ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is monster hunter tri 3g HD a conversion of the 3DS game??

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
      Best game released on the console for me...still play the multiplayer modes occasionally now. Landing on the tiny island in monkey target to snatch victory by 10 on your last go is gaming perfection! Plus now our gatherings have kids around everyone can play together!

You would have thought Nintendo would have had a big game out on release that gets across how "amazing" the new controller is to make you want one?? Zombi U looks pure novelty imo

*edit* Rogue Leader + finding out about the US/JPN region switch mod is what got me to buy one at the time though. Monkey Ball was a bundle game I ignored for weeks!!
      Aye, it's a classic.
      Good to know there are others out there appreciate how good an idea/game it is.
      IMO a tripple A title without question.

Now, if only Sega will give us HD ports of SMB & JSRF on XBLA I can die a happy man.
      I would also quite like Scud Race, Outrun collection, Panzer Dragoon collection, Burning Rangers and the Shenmue's, but that's another topic.
      Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 07-10-2012, 22:22.

Comment

I think the main problem gamers have with the superb Super Monkey Ball as a GameCube launch title was that the best launch game for the system was a third-party game, and by Sega of all publishers (something unimaginable a year previously), rather than a Triple-A first-party game. But then, the GC didn't have many outstanding first-party games, certainly not compared to its predecessors.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
          Is monster hunter tri 3g HD a conversion of the 3DS game??
          Yeah it is. The Wii U version is online unlike the 3DS version which is why I'm excited for it. None of my friends around here play it and as fun as the game is in single player it's far better when playing with others.

Comment

Cube launch was all about Rogue Leader, that game looked and sounded like it came from the future.
            You demo'd that game you sold a gamecube. Luigi's Mansion and Monkey Ball were solid for me.
            3 great titles to launch with.
            What's the best number of quality titles to launch with?
            2-3 solid games are enough for me.
            Rogue Leader was not a launch domestic launch title

Comment

The Japanese launch is pretty much perfect for its audience - Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter are both system sellers there, and they've got both.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                You mean Japanese launch?
                Cause if you do, I will seriously give up on this convo.

Comment

Yeah, and also the fact that the Xbox 360 has no market presence here at all means that nintendo, along with the 3DS will continue to be the dominant consoles here. Reading Famitsu these days you would think they are the only two available.

Comment

But it WAS the launch title of the overwhelming majority of planet earth.

Comment

You mean Japanese launch?
                      Cause if you do, I will seriously give up on this convo.
                      Why ? I always go by the domestic launch of a console . I mean the DC USA launch was most prob the best launch in gaming history (or that could go the Europiean X-Box launch I guess ) but when the DC 1st game out in Japan it had a pretty poor launch

Comment

The Japanese DC launch was terrible. I remember not being very impressed by VF3tb considering how awesome the Tekken 3 PlayStation conversion was. I completely lost interest until I saw Power Stone running a few months later, then I immediately changed my mind.

I also really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion. It was a bit strange not having a proper Mario title, but I thought this filled the gap nicely. Not that Sunshine was really worth the wait...

I want to know more about what downloadable games are going to available from Nintendo. I'm hoping that Sega are going to at least announce JSR and NiGHTS.

Comment

All consoles in the last 15 years (bar the 360) have had not so good lauch software, which was then followed by a stagnation peroid of 6 to 12 months (again bar the 360). The wiiU won't be any different in that regard, we are not going to see anything particularly interesting on it till at least 2014, and by then it may seem technologically old hat.

Still going to get one though .. new and shiny .. and for once HD!

Comment

Why ? I always go by the domestic launch of a console . I mean the DC USA launch was most prob the best launch in gaming history (or that could go the Europiean X-Box launch I guess ) but when the DC 1st game out in Japan it had a pretty poor launch
                            Ach, when I talk about Launch Night I talk about the night it came out in my domestic region, as in the region I ****ing live in.

Comment

The Japanese DC launch was terrible. I remember not being very impressed by VF3tb considering how awesome the Tekken 3 PlayStation conversion was.
                              This I don't get . For 1 what was so impressive about the Tekken 3 port - I mean it was handling 1 scaling backround - To me DOA on the Saturn totally outclassed it and so did VF 2 and was also able to handle multi scaling backrounds at a Higher Res and that came out some 2 years before . And imo VF 3 on the DC was a near perfect port of the Arcade game

All consoles in the last 15 years (bar the 360) have had not so good lauch software
                              X Box had a pretty stunning launch imo and what the Snes and N64 lacked in numbers it more than made up for with AAA launch software of just sheer perfection . I thought the 360 lauch to be pretty poor myself saved only by PGR3 and COD II

Comment

Launch line ups are not worth fretting about, the new hardware has more than enough bells and whistles on it to keep the nerds happy.

I've seen the future of the Wii-U though, and it looks like the Wii's lineup. Visit a Tescos or Asda with a games section and browse the top 30 games they have. That should be enough for you. If you like what you see, go crazyapebonkers and pre-order now!

If you don't like what you see, well tough, its region locked!

Comment

Working...
                                X