Gundam Breaker [PS3/PSV]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gundam Breaker [PS3/PSV]

Announced at the TGS, Gundam Breaker is a game where Mobile Suits from the AU and UC timelines battle against each other. Sounds pretty standard, but this time the twist is that the Mobile Suits are actually plastic models (somewhat akin Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G, hopefully with more Beargguys) and that you can have 1/144 MS battling 1/100 MS. And if the teaser below is to be believed, the Odaiba Gundam will make an appearance. I want 1/60 models as well.

So it seems most Gundam games come out on Sony consoles these days. Makes sense, but I wish English versions were released, too. Surely they have a lot of fans in the west? I see a lot of posts online in comments for articles and so on where people say the 360 is enough and the PS3 has no good exclusives to warrant purchasing the console, but when I look over the releases the PS3 has quite a few JP games that aren't on any other console.

Comment

Yeah, I wish these games would get translated too. I'd like to see a translation of Gundam Seed Battle Destiny on Vita, for example - does anyone know how playable this is in Japanese? It looks pretty impenetrable.

Comment

That one Gundam VS. game being played in the beginning of the year in Japan in Arcades only seemed to need a marginal knowledge of Japanese. It was #1 on the PS3 list in January when I was over there.

Comment

New trailer

Comment

One more trailer

Comment

Im playing the japanese beta, it's pretty great and has 4P co-op, with a variety of missions, and loads of unlockables. Has a Phantasy Star/ Monster Hunter feel but with all the Gundam greatness. Anybody else playing?

Comment

I tried it. Wasn't too impressed.

Comment

Did you try online MJDX?

Comment

Did that online gundam game ever come out for PS3, looked decent.

This looks well unimpressive.

Comment

What Gundam game? Gundam Battle Operation? GEXVS? Loads of PS3 Gundam games.

Comment

Battle Operation yeah, looked groovy no west release one assumes.

Comment

Its free to download from the japanese PSN, its a freemium kinda game, you can play some games for free, others require you buy tickets. I also play that daily.

Comment

Camille and Haman argue over the latest trailer

Comment

Can't understand why theres no love for this. Yes its fan service and for gunpla and Gundam fans, but there is enough people posting in the mech thread to say that they may give this a punt. I mean who doesn't like huge mecha stomping around hacking & slashing in dynasty warriors style in 4 player co-op and trying to collect the best gunpla pieces to enhance your Gundam?

Comment

Working...
                              X