Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTE23: WiiU Be Buying Nintendo's Latest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

I've got a deposit but the more I think about it the more I think I might wait.

I've got too much on other formats to play plus work is going to be crazy busy over the next few months so I just won't have the time.

When Bayonetta 2 hits I'll be first in the queue.
    Despite my previous comments I now share the exact same opinion as you Teddy. I have plenty on the current gen that I still want to catch up with, doesn't make any sense to buy a new console at this time. I will probably wait 6 months or so before taking the plunge.

Comment

There isnt a NO option perfect for me...so since the Gamecube was the last Nintendo I wasnt disappointed by I chose the suck option

Nothing in the line-up of games interests me. Whereas the Wii was outdated tech with a novelty controller it was cheap as chips, this outdated tech and novelty controller is not.

By the time anything is being released that interests me I will have a nex Xbox/Playstation launch line up to moan about!
      Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 29-09-2012, 23:35.

Comment

Poll answers are too varied. I would agree to all 3:

• No, the current games are lacking

13 31.71%

• No, it's too underpowered

2 4.88%

• No, it's too expensive by far

Comment

Im finding it interesting that the lack of games seems to bother peeps more than the inflated price tag

Comment

I probably paid more for an import SNES and N64 so the price is irrelevant if the games are there.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              Im finding it interesting that the lack of games seems to bother peeps more than the inflated price tag
              To be fair, there's no 'killer app' at launch, or even anything that us committed gamer types would really flock to - the Super NES had Super Mario World and Pilotwings, the Nintendo 64 Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64 (and Turok was popular with some gamers), the GameCube had Super Monkey Ball and Rogue Leader, the Wii Twilight Princess... The Wii U lacks severely in this regard. Even the flagship first-party titles seem to be just yet another New SMB game and a party game. Hardly setting the world of fire. (FWIW though I suspect one of the lower-key launch titles could turn out to be a sleeper hit with gamers.)

Comment

I have a pre-order for the Wii U premium. I intend to make good on it providing Sega gives the eshop some love. I also really hope Nintendo make the Virtual Console games playable on the gamepad display, being that they look awful on my 40" LCD. I rarely dip into modern games these days and stay predominantly to retro stuff, but the ability to play the odd Nintendo blockbuster/curio as well as maintaining a good retro collection digitally on the console, is one I find appealing. It will no doubt share a space under my TV - next to the Dreamcast [which will always be there].

Comment

Working...
                X