OMGKINECTPRICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMGKINECTPRICE

I was thinking perhaps I'd pick up a kinect for Child of Eden and Netflix.
    I have never looked at the price of these things before. I was thinking it would be around ?60 given the fact they sold so many.
    ?130WTFOMGETC
    I must be missing something. Does it have a processor in it? Or is it just a webcam?
    I'm shocked.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

Use a controller.

Comment

It is a very complex device.

Comment

Hold on a minute, didn't you pay a kings ransom for a pushchair?

Comment

I think it dose, as well as quite a few cameras and a motor that moves it up and down, a bit of internal memory as they are able to update the tracking in the thing (and have done once already)

If you search about you can pick one up around the 70 mark second hand, still expensive but it's not just a web cam in the way that a pseye is. But yeah 130 quid wow not likely, looking at the current line up of stuff. Eden, The gun stringer, wreckateer, and unbelievably puss in boots are the best games for it and I see nothing on the horizon.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 26-09-2012, 09:18.

Comment

Depending on which model 360 you have (a Kinect for Slim can be bought cheaper as you don't need the power adaptor) a second hand one can be quite cheap as the market is flooded with them thanks to the low support MS gives it. CEX sells them for ?45 (or ?52 with the power adaptor for original 360's).

Comment

Kinect camera - best one on earth. US import.

?130 for this awesome piece of kit. Cost me ?700 to buy and get it into the country.

Having researched the best cameras for gaming, we decided it was important to get a Kinect imported from the USA since it is not available in the UK. Whether using it for gaming or browsing, its stunning looks, light-weight chassis, brilliant camera and adjustable stand makes it invaluable for anyone wanting to look silly in safety and comfort. Treat your kids to the Kinect they deserve.

In addition to the Kinect, you will also receive the optional extras of sun-mesh and rain-shield.

It is used but in perfect working order.

Comment

Yeah, but look at what you get!!! A rain shield!!! The buggy has independent suspension adjustable on either side. It's a work of art. Pushing it is like a dream and countless hours were spent using it.

Kinect I'll use for a few hours on Child of Eden and then it will get dusty. Still if it has a motor in it, then that's cool. Extra ?70 for a motor and some flash memory is a BARGAIN and this thread should be in the bargains folder.

Comment

1. Get PS3
                  2. Get 3D TV
                  3. Get PS3 Child of Eden
                  4. Save money on hallucinogens by playing the game

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Yeah, but look at what you get!!! A rain shield!!! The buggy has independent suspension adjustable on either side. It's a work of art. Pushing it is like a dream and countless hours were spent using it.

Kinect I'll use for a few hours on Child of Eden and then it will get dusty. Still if it has a motor in it, then that's cool. Extra ?70 for a motor and some flash memory is a BARGAIN and this thread should be in the bargains folder.
                    Sarchy git it's worth 70 quid just to be able to shout Xbox XBOX XBOX!!!! at the tv over and over again, while the kinect refuses to take any commands like its some sort of sulky teenager
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 27-09-2012, 14:33.

Comment

Wow, that's $260 here.

I like how I was practically forced to buy one with my $500 console, as you can't buy new consoles here stand-alone.

I'd have rather had the option of having a HDD larger than 4GB, or even better, a half-price option with f**k all.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 28-09-2012, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        Sarchy git it's worth 70 quid just to be able to shout Xbox XBOX XBOX!!!! at the tv over and over again, while the kinect refuses to take any commands like its some sort of sulky teenager
                        And then goes off and does what it likes, such as pausing video, opening a completely different menu or exiting to the dashboard all by itself.

Comment

You can buy used ones for about ?40 these days. Probably about all they're worth (and ever were worth)

Comment

Only reason to own Kinect is Dance Central. If you can pick one up for ?40 and a copy of that game, I'd say it is worth it. Of course, you need a big TV, a big area to play in and good lighting and also need to be reasonably fit. If that is your thing, it is a unique experience that cannot be done on any other console.

Comment

Working...
                            X