Beyond a Steel Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond a Steel Sky

Beneath a Steel Sky developer Revolution Software has officially greenlit a sequel to the 1994 cult favourite cyberpunk…

Revolution Software have announced that despite the Broken Sword 5 kickstarter failing to meet its target, they will be proceeding anyway with development of a sequel to the 1994 point and click classic. Work will begin upon completion of the latest Broken Sword

""We're delighted by the recent level of interest in a sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky and are currently discussing design ideas for this project which we plan to go into development following the release of Broken Sword - The Serpent's Curse.
    He added, "We're deeply touched that our Steel Sky fans are as enthusiastic today as they were when the original game released in 1994."
    Beneath a Steel Sky 2 is being developed for iOS, Android, PC, Linux, and OSX with a console release being looked into.""
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 25-03-2019, 20:33.

Fooking LOVE bass. Artwork, Voicing, script and gameplay..... just magic.

Comment

This is good news... but I find myself bothered by the whole kickstarter thing. They failed to raise the money for Broken Sword 5 and so are making it anyway. Doesn't that somewhat go against the whole point of the kickstarter campaign? It means somewhere in there, they think it's commercially viable and never needed kickstarter to begin with.

Is kickstarter being abused?

Comment

Kickstarter abuse hasn't reached maximum potential yet. Just wait til EA and the rest chip in with, oh Mirrors Edge 2? Shenmue 3? Yeah we need $20million.
        Broken Sword 5's kickstarter was successful.

Backers
        $771,560
        pledged of $400,000 goal.

They put a goal of a million to Greenlight BASS 2, that target failed and instead it got Greenlight anyway. Which is a bit cheeky if you ask me, though and behold next year it will be a Beneath a Steel Sky 2 Kickstarter and game won't appear til 2015!

Also you can see from the latest Double Fine adventure documentary they are already struggling with fitting the kickstarter money around development, as the process has literally been here's your money, now make a game.
        Was the one thing I hated about double fines kickstarter, no detail other than IT'S TIM SCHAFER POINT N CLICK YEAHHHHHH.

Then again look at Obsidian's Kickstarter, they are at $2million with 20days left!
        Which is simply ridiculous for the type of game they are making.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          This is good news... but I find myself bothered by the whole kickstarter thing. They failed to raise the money for Broken Sword 5 and so are making it anyway. Doesn't that somewhat go against the whole point of the kickstarter campaign? It means somewhere in there, they think it's commercially viable and never needed kickstarter to begin with.

They DID raise the money for Broken Sword 5, they asked for $400,000 and ended up with $770,000. So Broken Sword 5 gets made.

The one million strecth goal was to green light BaSS2 which they didn't reach, but they decided to make it anyway after BS5.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            Then again look at Obsidian's Kickstarter, they are at $2million with 20days left!
            Which is simply ridiculous for the type of game they are making.
            Ridiculous why exactly?

Comment

Ah, I had misunderstood Crazytaxinext's first sentence. Apologies. Don't mind me, one of those days...

Comment

Revolution have revealed the sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky and it's going to be released this year on most formats

Comment

I didn't realise this was announce 6 years ago... ****ing hell the 2010s have flown by.

They did a great job with Broken Sword 5 so I'm interested in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Still being abused 7 years later ...

Comment

This is why I would never back anything on kickstarter. It just become a free money site puff your cash up.

Should be for small newly incorporated companies or sole traders that can prove kickstarting is the only option and they have, along with no money whatsoever to fund the project, with bank records.

Comment

Working...
                      X