Ecco the Dolphin 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecco the Dolphin 5

The creator of Ecco the Dolphin has announced he is meeting with Sega to discuss a new title in the aquatic adventure s…

Seems a bit ahead of itself but the creator of Ecco, Ed Annunziata, has tweeted that he is meeting with Sega to discuss a new title in the long running aquatic series. Original game composer Spencer Neilson is also said to be onboard. It's likely this would be for WiiU, PS4 and/or Xbox 3 though who knows if it's a full fledged release or a digital title being planned.

I would LOVE another Ecco game. I loved them all. Well, maybe not Ecco Jr... but I loved the three main games. Beautiful experiences. Actually can we have an Ecco DotF Vita version too...?

Comment

This is interesting news. While i'm not a huge fan of the series overall, I did really enjoy the PS2 version that came out. I hope they actually sort the raging difficulty and outright clumsy mechanics of that and we could be on for something rather awesome if it is a 3D title.

Comment

After the cutbacks at Sega, and their vow to only bet on a select few franchises from now on, this seems really strange. Maybe a new low-key 2D game for XBLA and the likes?

Comment

Yeah i fear it will be a low budget 2d game. A higher budget WII U 3d game in the same vein as the DC Ecco with the glitches and frame rate sorted and the mechanics improved and it could be a classic.

Comment

Working...
          X