Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii-U confirmed NOT region-free (unsurprisingly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Wii-U confirmed NOT region-free (unsurprisingly)

The Wii-U will be region locked as expected.

Boooooooooo Nintendo. Boooooooooooooo.

As long as Smash Bros doesn't come out 6 months later in the EU like the Wii version did, then I am really not that bothered.

Comment

Just play it their way - stick to import hardware. Apparently they don't want you having the ability to play domestic games anyway.

Comment

Doesn't really bother me to be honest, the Wii wasn't really a system whereby it was essential and by the time there were 3-4 quality games that I really wanted the system's security was wide open. Can't imagine the WiiU will be plentiful in such games as I'm fully expected Wii 2.0 with it.

Comment

Did anyone actually expect it to miraculously be region free when both Wii and 3DS aren't?

Comment

Soft modding will prevail.

Comment

I'm not buying one even more now I've heard this.

Comment

When was the last time any of you bought a current-gen import game anyway? Quit your whining bitches.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I agree with Joe.

I'm actually glad it's region locked, in a way. I get to be all different and special... Until some one works out a soft mod.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Soft modding will prevail.
                    I doubt that with the WiiU .. Nintendo are getting pretty hot on that these days.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      When was the last time any of you bought a current-gen import game anyway? Quit your whining bitches.
                      Tuesday 06 September 2011 - but that's mostly down to Xbox360 and PS3 not having massive lead times between regions. Something that Nintendo has been slacker on.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                        I doubt that with the WiiU .. Nintendo are getting pretty hot on that these days.
                        everything gets hacked at some stage, but will there be enough decent software for people to even bother?

i'm as excited about the wiiu as getting piles...

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          I suppose the reason for that is because most publishers are getting better with timely release dates. Nintendo are still fairly useless at that.

Comment

Yeah, the Wii was pretty useless for global releases, with my Japanese versions of Family Ski, Wii Fit, Sin and Punishment 2, Safar'Wii etc. all coming out in Japan months before anywhere else and some decent games like Night of the Sacrifice never reaching Western shores. Damned region lock is a massive pita.

Comment

obvious, but still annoying.

i wont make the mistake of buying american like i did with the wii and 3ds.
                              definitely going japanese this time, but it wont be for ages anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X