"Why is this forum so dead?" asks Sean Bean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quaility not quantity

I think its that time of year just at the end of the summer drout, and it seems a busy time of year with people off to college uni, back to work ect

, things will start to pick up again as winter comes.

Comment

The last 12 months or so I have totally fallen out of step with gaming, no idea what great games I have missed and just haven't had the time. I hoping something comes along and reignites my interest soon or I may end up stopping playing.

Comment

Same here, all I ever play really is Battlefield 3 with my pals. Have bought loads of games too but never play them. Don't really have the time to discuss games on here anymore either. I wanna make more of an effort to get back into it all soon anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JB@XL View Post
          As said we are all getting older and other aspects of life take priority.
          Indeed.

I'm sure that a large percentage of us are in our late twenties or early thirties, so compared to a few years ago, we have many other things going on in our lives and thus, less time for gaming and browsing forums.

Also, mny of us grew up in the 'Golden age' of gaming, going from the FC/NES/SMS to the SNES/SFC/MD, then to the SS/PS/N64, the PS2/DC/GC and with this generation, no matter how many triple A titles there are, 99% of releases just seem so stale, with little or no innovation.

I know I'm tiring of this generation of consoles and the little time I do spend gaming, is mostly retro now.

I hope it won't happen, but I can see the future being two 'hardcore' consoles with maybe half a dozen franchises from a handful of companies while the 'soccer mom' and 'casual' machine will be from Nintendo. Eventually the whole industry will implode and we'll be back to basics.

I know many people around my age who, apart from not having much time to game, have become disillusioned with it and don't have any consoles now.

Comment

I too think much of it has to do with the time we're in. Not only is this near the end of the longest console generation ever, but the last month (or entire year really) has been really dry in terms of exciting game releases. A new generic FPS isn't the most exciting topic for discussion I'm afraid.

No reason to worry though, as tomorrow Nintendo will amaze us all with their complete unveiling of the Wii U, and we will enter a new golden era of gaming where innovation and fresh ideas will be front and center. *BELIEVE*

Comment

I've had some personal life **** since the end of May. I can't focus on anything and barely have the mental energy to post. Even when rmoxon bursts into my temple with his over-wanky Jackie Chan jizzposts, I can't be arsed to blackhand him.

I'll maybe pick up in about 2017 when the EDF need new men.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                I too think much of it has to do with the time we're in. Not only is this near the end of the longest console generation ever, but the last month (or entire year really) has been really dry in terms of exciting game releases. A new generic FPS isn't the most exciting topic for discussion I'm afraid.

No reason to worry though, as tomorrow Nintendo will amaze us all with their complete unveiling of the Wii U, and we will enter a new golden era of gaming where innovation and fresh ideas will be front and center. *BELIEVE*
                Yay...

More like Mario Kart 8 with all new (to Nintendo) DLC Would be my guess but live in hope

Comment

The forum dead? I take it you're not using the 'super secret' forum section? That's where all the real action is these days.

Comment

Mario Kart 8 with downloadable extra tracks and characters would make me go buy a Wii U on launch day.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post

LOL .. setting yourself up there for a major disappointment me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        The forum dead? I take it you're not using the 'super secret' forum section? That's where all the real action is these days.
                        Noooo, irc is for the select few!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                          Even when rmoxon bursts into my temple with his over-wanky Jackie Chan jizzposts, I can't be arsed to blackhand him.
                          Had me laughing with this, prinny.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            I've had some personal life **** since the end of May. I can't focus on anything and barely have the mental energy to post. Even when rmoxon bursts into my temple with his over-wanky Jackie Chan jizzposts, I can't be arsed to blackhand him.

I'll maybe pick up in about 2017 when the EDF need new men.
                            Whoa, whoa, whoa! We'll have none of this wank from you sunshine. You know that in your case any problem that can't be solved with beer means only one thing, you haven't drank enough beer. Sort it out.

Comment

Mecha Madness thread. Thats about it for me lol

I play maybe 1 game every few months now and i can't really manage that.
                              Last edited by NeoDragoN; 12-09-2012, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                                I saw your recent purchase on AO. Cheeky!

Comment

Working...
                                X