"Why is this forum so dead?" asks Sean Bean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    me too - but i sense my gaming days are winding down now and its only a matter of time before I hang up my joystick.
    I feel like that. I find it much harder to sit down and play games for a good long while these days. The only games I've played in the whole of 2012 are Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas and FIFA 12!

Having said that I did pull my Dreamcast out of the cupboard yesterday because, for some reason, I have an urge to play through the Japanese version of Blue Stinger again! Which I love, despite the fact that it's a bit crap

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
      I feel like that. I find it much harder to sit down and play games for a good long while these days. The only games I've played in the whole of 2012 are Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas and FIFA 12!

Having said that I did pull my Dreamcast out of the cupboard yesterday because, for some reason, I have an urge to play through the Japanese version of Blue Stinger again! Which I love, despite the fact that it's a bit crap
      blue stinger - one of my fav games; did you know the US version - also VGA compatible, is played from a totally different view perspective?

yeah - 31 years of video gaming has taken a real toil on my hands i'm afraid and i am now getting too frequest flares of RSI. I havent actually done any gaming in 8 weeks!

Also a new relationship and new interests, just dont give me the time to waggle into the small hours ;-)
      Last edited by dvdx2; 12-09-2012, 10:05.

Comment

yeah - 31 years of video gaming has taken a real toil on my hands i'm afraid and i am now getting too frequest flares of RSI. I havent actually done any gaming in 8 weeks!
        sure.. sure... it was the "gaming"

Comment

I think it's Boris' new demented avatar that's doing it it's scaring people away and inducing seizures in those that stay

Comment

The quality of games is at an all time low.

Comment

I think it's more a case of peeps doing more reading than posting latley...

Something that has annoyed me about games in recent years are the GOTY editions, super extended editions, extra bonus editions that pop up a few months down the line, which makes me hold back from purchasing till the so called '?ber' version is out and thus means I miss a lot of the initial discussions.

I have a feeling it will perk up when a new console release happens

Comment

blue stinger - one of my fav games; did you know the US version - also VGA compatible, is played from a totally different view perspective?
                Yup, PAL version was the same as the US. I preferred the fixed cameras of the Japanese original, but I wanted to play through the PAL version at first because I'd only ever completed the Japanese version before. Unfortunately there's a cut scene about ten minutes in where my PAL copy gets stuck for some reason! So back to the JPN version I went. I think the non-JPN versions have some stuff censored too.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  The quality of games is at an all time low.
                  That.

I barely venture out of the retro and trading forums these days.

Comment

We're all getting older. Most new videogames are crap. I'm rarely excited about anything on the horizon. Bit sad as this is my only hobby really. Luckily the odd gem still arrives now and then :-)

Comment

I'm the same as Speed & Monkey Juggle.
                      Gaming these days just isn't that fun.

I pretty much only game on sports titles, Cave Shooters or retro these days as they are so easy to pick up & put down.

That said with the baby I'm finding it hard to even get time for them these days.

I only ever really stay in Off Topic these days as my collectible & comic habit has kicked in big time again so most of my interest is there.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        sure.. sure... it was the "gaming"
                        it was i'm afraid...

i was fine until i hit 31 (9 years ago) then downhill from there.

Comment

There are still plenty of great new games to play but the whole direction of the industry just doesn't interest me anymore, endless poor DLC, on disc DLC, various shop only special editions, season passes, online passes for used games, they don't just want to sell a game now they also want to own you and have a pound of flesh. My interest in PC gaming died with appalling anti piracy ideas and fussy crap like steam, I can see the next gen of consoles going down that route.

The 360 has been one of my favourite consoles until they adopted that awful new dash system which champions social networking and films at the expense of the gaming part of the system.

Comment

You can still play games on it you great big steaming pebbly wagon!

I've been all but absent from the forum due to starting University. Let my gold membership expire and have really only been gaming on the iPad. Got a month off so thought I'd get back into my 360 and NTS...er...Bordersdown for a bit.

Comment

As said we are all getting older and other aspects of life take priority.

Also with the various download services there is no need to buy / collect retro systems to relive your youth ( if old like me) or enjoy retro gaming for the first time ( young guns).

Comment

Don't think it's that dead myself, certainly don't recall it ever being particularly busy compared to the big sites. The re-branding was entirely necessary due to the issues with the old domain and the site had no choice in that matter so don't see how it could leave a sour taste. Certainly other sites I visit like VideoGameCritic have seen massive tail offs in the last year far worse than anything here. Don't mind the ads myself as I just ignore them, they're off to the side and NTSC-UK had adverts anyway so no change there apart from the new video one. And to be honest the old Play-Asia ads used to have items on there that made me feel a bit iffy about browsing the site in public.

Comment

Working...
                                X