Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What NTSC Dreamcast games are non-RGB compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What NTSC Dreamcast games are non-RGB compatible?

Does anyone have a complete list of popular NTSC games that are non-RGB compatible on the Dreamcast?

I'm kinda interested after hearing that the Jap and US versions of Giga Wing are both non-RGB compatible!

Thanks to all replies in advance!

A good few of the capcom ones arent RGB compatible - SSF2X comes to mind!

Comment

We seem to do this every month.

Anyway, off the top of my head:

Giga Wing (US/JPN. PAL has RGB Support)
      Skies of Arcadia/Eternal Arcadia (US/JPN. PAL supports RGB but loses VGA support and doesn't have a 60hz mode)
      Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 (US/JPN. PAL version and JPN Matching Service version support RGB)
      Super Street Fighter 2 X: Grandmaster Challenge for Matching Service (JPN)
      Touken Retsuden 4 (JPN)
      Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service (JPN)

Some people on here have reported that Street Fighter 3: Third Strike also doens't work through RGB, yet I've got all 3 regions and each one works fine for me (these are not patched ISOs either). Not sure what to make of that one. Someone also posted once that they had an RGB compatible vampire Chronicle but it was later discovered they were running the patched pone. However, at the time some of us were hopeful that the re-released version had RGB support added.

Comment

Hmmm... I remember playing on my percy version of SSF2X and that game seemed to only work according to what scart cable I had!

I remember having to purchase another RGB scart cable just to play this SSF2X game fine!

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
          Hmmm... I remember playing on my percy version of SSF2X and that game seemed to only work according to what scart cable I had!

I remember having to purchase another RGB scart cable just to play this SSF2X game fine!
          Like I said in the other thread:

a. the new cable you have is NOT an RGB cable (can you confirm whether or not the picture you are getting with that cable is RGB).

b. you are using a patched ISO of the game

c. you have a re-released version and Capcom DID add RGB support (in which when did you buy it and where from?

But I don't get what you mean by 'percy version'.

Comment

Percy as in percy pi**** (backup)...

Comment

Is that the full list C?

Interesting that JoJo and Super Puzzle Fighter For Matching service have RGB support then?

Hmm.....

Comment

Does anyone here know where I can purchase an original RGB re-release of Super Street Fighter 2 X?

I'm pretty desparate for this and I'm not sure how I can tell if someone is selling which version...

Comment

Percy as in percy pi**** (backup)...
                  In that case, I refer you to point B, in my above post. You're playing a patched version.

There is probably no RGB enabled 'official' version of this game. My point C. was based on me thinking you had an official version that worked with RGB.

Comment

OK, thanks for your information!

Comment

Originally posted by ThoseOfTheUnlight
                      Is that the full list C?
                      Probably not, but all 3 regions of Jojo (including both original JPN and JPN Matching Service version) and Puzzle Fighter all work.

I expected Puzzle Fighter not to support RGB, as all other Dreamcast CPS-2 conversions don't support it, but I guess that just proves there's an exception to every rule.

From the versions I've got (i.e. all 4 versions of Jojo, all 3 versions of SF3: Double Impact and all 3 versions of Third Strike) all the CPS-3 conversions support RGB.

Comment

Great stuff, A nice new Puzzle Figher for matching service for me then

Comment

Some of the best Dreamcast game here have been ruined by not having RGB support!

I mean it's great playing games all hi-res on a VGA monitor and that but playing SSF2X or Vampire Chonicles on a monitor doesn't make the graphics any nicer, really...

Comment

Some of the best Dreamcast game here have been ruined by not having RGB support!

I mean it's great playing games all hi-res on a VGA monitor and that but playing SSF2X or Vampire Chonicles on a monitor doesn't make the graphics any nicer, really...
                            I agree. Capcom's Vampire series have some of the most vibrant and striking character designs of any of their fights.

To play them through anything less than RGB is doing them a large diservice.

Comment

Other non-rgb games confirmed by me:

Pop 'n' Music jpn
                              Pop 'n' Music 2 jpn
                              Pop 'n' Music 3 Append Disk jpn
                              Pop 'n' Music 4 Append Disk jpn

(I have another I can't think of right now)

Other non-rgb titles not confirmed by me:

Centipede us
                              Coaster Works us
                              Elemental Gimmick Gear us
                              Gauntlet Legends us
                              GunBird 2 us
                              Iron Aces us
                              Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 us
                              Jet Coaster Dream 2 jpn
                              Mortal Kombat Gold us
                              Pen Pen Trilcelon us
                              Powerstone 2 jpn
                              Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear us
                              Roadsters us
                              Slave Zero us
                              Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike us
                              Street Fighter Alpha 3 us
                              The Grinch us
                              Time Stalkers us
                              Toy Story 2 us
                              World Series Baseball 2002 us

patches are available for almost all of these.

Comment

Working...
                              X