Rush Hour 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush Hour 4

Producer Arthur Sarkissian says that fourth film in the “Rush Hour” action franchise is moving forward with both Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker involved. The producer tells Crave Online that “I’m trying to do it closer to how I did Rush Hour 1. More down to earth. More gritty. Introduce two new characters and make […]

Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are said to be involved in a new sequel to the action series. The Producer, Arthur Sarkissian, has said that he wants to present a fresh take on the series as he felt Rush Hour 3 was a disappointment and he doesn't want to keep dropping the pair into a new city and seeing them bicker.

"Come on, come on! Titty, titty, titty. Get them titties out of here."

Comment

They have been saying this will happen for years, more chance of the Outa being released unfortunately imo

Comment

Hopefully the script is half way decent, RH3 was awful

Comment

I always find it interesting when an actor admits to not liking projects they’ve been involved with. A lot of them do not like to admit it, and you know there are tons of movies actors work on purely for the paycheck. (Look at Terrence Howard in ‘Glitter.’ You can’t ... [Read More]

Comment

I thought the new Armor of God movie, Chinese Zodiac, was going to be Jackie Chans last action film, with him then wanting to improve his acting in more dramatic roles?

I can't imagine a dramatic Rush Hour film to be honest.

Plus the terrible third film killed this series for me. Which is a shame becuase the first two were pretty fun.

Comment

Trailer for the series, looks awful to me

Comment

Here's my inner monologue:

"Oh a sequel-"
                "Without the original actors... Nope"
                "Close and never think about again"

It isn't that I ALWAYS oppose recasting; it's just that in Rush Hour, the movie's whole premise is "a slightly more comic Lethal Weapon with Tucker & Chan". You can't really deviate from that.

Comment

The show does look mostly janky and reinforcing racial stereotypes which is a shame as John Fu is a decent martial artist. One would hope it acts as a platform to get him better work.

Otherwise what's the point of making a TV show from it? Are producers raiding the most popular franchises from the 90s? What next, Ace Ventura: the series?

Comment

They already did that back in the day with the cartoon - it was pretty good too! On topic: this looks awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      The show does look mostly janky and reinforcing racial stereotypes which is a shame as John Fu is a decent martial artist. One would hope it acts as a platform to get him better work.

Otherwise what's the point of making a TV show from it? Are producers raiding the most popular franchises from the 90s? What next, Ace Ventura: the series?
                      Stuff like this is part of a troubling trend in western media. Stuff like movies of The Smurfs prove it; the media would rather latch on to a brand, any brand, irrespective of wisdom, than take chances on new entertainment. It's the reason this series exists, it's the reason the Battleship movie exists, it's the reason Rocksteady's Batman games will continue to have "Arkham" in the title long after Arkham Asylum ceases to be involved in them.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        They already did that back in the day with the cartoon - it was pretty good too! On topic: this looks awful.
                        Haha that cartoon was good. This does not look great at all, more like a straight to DVD film....

Comment

There has been talk of a fourth film in the “Rush Hour” franchise for a few years, with almost all of it coming from Jackie Chan’s camp. The acclaimed Asian action star last year said he would return for one more time to the buddy action comedy film series. His co-star, comedian Chris Tucker, has […]

Chris Tucker says he's okayed the script and it's moving forward. I can't believe Warners will move on this but not Lethal Weapon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            I can't believe Warners will move on this but not Lethal Weapon 5
                            Jackie Chan > Mel Gibson.

Comment

Danny Glover > Chris Tucker though

Comment

Working...
                              X