Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 4

This has been found on origin.com

I wonder how far away that is. I really hope it doesn't turn into a yearly update.
    Surely they can't rollout the next game before they have finished doling out the DLC for BF3? It's not sustainable. BF4 needs to WOW and that will happen on the next gen. Releasing it this gen will be financial suicide.

Comment

Probably be every other year, with Medal of Honor in between them. Don't like this development, but seems unavoidable if EA want to keep up with CoD.

Comment

Lots of people buy COD for the single player, whereas most people buy battlefield for the MP. The SP of battlefield will have to be more engaging if they want people to buy it for that on a more regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Lots of people buy COD for the single player, whereas most people buy battlefield for the MP. The SP of battlefield will have to be more engaging if they want people to buy it for that on a more regular basis.
          Do the BF games even HAVE a single player? They didn't used to it was just offline with bots.

And I can't say I know anyone that buys the COD series for the SP. But I don't know many people.

Comment

BF3 has a decent campaign mode. I enjoyed it.

Two years worth of online play is worth it for me, considering I play most games for an average of a ten days before shelving them. Yearly updates would suck though.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I didn't think BF3's campaign was good, then again MW3 was probably the weakest SP in that series too but generally I enjoy the COD campaigns...

Comment

I thought BF3's hard campaign was better than any CoD so far. I tend to do CoD in one five-hour sitting every Christmas Day for my son. BF3 took me around ten hours to finish.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 14-07-2012, 16:20.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

BF3 SP was fun on hard mode, but sailing through on the normal mode was dull. The story had too many characters to drag you in properly, so you never felt any sense of urgency. Too disjointed. Depends if you buy FPS for the story or not.....

Comment

Bring back the Bad Company that's what I say.
                    Both games had good single player, good main character and most of all I will say it now BC2 is still the FAR better multiplayer.

Comment

BC2 is the best online FPS Ive ever played...loved both games MP+SP. Hated both modes on BF3 sadly.

Last Medal of Honor was so awful though I wouldn't preorder it even if it got me 47secs with Scarlett Johanson.

Comment

I was rather hoping for a new Bad Company game first, BC2 was the far better package overall both SP and MP

Comment

No doubt Bad Company is now comfortably sitting at the bottom of the pile alongside Mirrors Edge, forever alone.
                          Screw DICE and Screw EA.

Comment

I could understand that they may feel the vanilla Battlefield name is stronger, but I'd rather they moved away from the very serious military plot of Battlefield 3, we've had so many of those.

At least BC had some memorable characters and a little bit of spice.
                            Last edited by EvilBoris; 14-07-2012, 17:58.

Comment

The thing I liked about Bad Company was mixing it up a bit with the vehicles in the campaign, been ages since I played it but I remember absolutely loving the first one...

Comment

Working...
                              X