No announcement yet.

Battlefield 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've still yet to play BF2142 let alone the BC series..

;_;

Comment

I'd love a version of 2142. Those mothership things were awesome

Comment

Bad Company 2 was awesome. Both SP and MP were great even if the controls weren't as smooth as modern shooters are now.

I don't get this model if BF4 does release so early. They've got a load of DLC lined up for BF3 so really BF4 needs to be on next gen only and somewhere in 2014. I just hope that on next gen it's more than 24 players for consoles. That really has to happen.

Comment

BF4 is probably aimed as an early next-gen release with cut down PS3 and 360 versions, EA trying to gain a foothold before COD can. If they took their time and nailed it it could be a great gen opener but it seems doubtful if they continue CODising it

Comment

Yeah that is exactly what I think as well. They already discussed the fact that Frostbite 2.0 was in fact aimed at next gen platforms anyway and scaled back for current consoles... It's a no brainer that they could roll out possibly a launch day title with all the bells and whistles the PC crowd are enjoying in BF3 at present but obviously under a new name so they can distance it from that.

For next gen titles like this on consoles I really want comparable player counts to PC. I know there it that whole discussion over Xbox LIVE restrictions blah, blah but things change. We've already seen BF3 get rented servers across platforms so it's the next natural step. Even if they limited to hosted servers only I would be happy.

Bottom line for me is simple. If they're releasing another BF title late 2013 for new platforms it had better bloody have 32/64 players.

Comment

It probably won't be a problem for newer machines as they will immediately have more ram and CPU available, which DICE has said is the main factor for the console versions not supporting upwards of 24 players.

To be honest, they could release Battlefield 3 on a "next gen", with the same engine and assets and it would instantly look like a giant step above the fugly PS3/360 versions.

Comment

Sadly, I'd buy BF3 all over again if the visuals were 60fps and stuff. Yes, I should get a PC and set it up for sofa action.

Comment

I couldn't run BF3 looking any better than it did on 360 on my new ?400 PC, so I gave up. Also it doesn't have native 360 pad support, which means you are a bit screwed when you want to fly a helicopter

Comment

More players is all it really needs. The graphics are functional enough, nothing to moan about anyway. I can't put it down, and I don't even like FPS.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      I couldn't run BF3 looking any better than it did on 360 on my new ?400 PC, so I gave up. Also it doesn't have native 360 pad support, which means you are a bit screwed when you want to fly a helicopter
                      The PC version certainly does have native 360 pad support, the only thing I needed to change was the scoreboard toggle, otherwise it was the same as the 360 version.

I even play the PC version with the pad, can't be arsed with K/B & mouse these days.

Comment

Originally posted by originalbadboy View Post
                        The PC version certainly does have native 360 pad support, the only thing I needed to change was the scoreboard toggle, otherwise it was the same as the 360 version.

I even play the PC version with the pad, can't be arsed with K/B & mouse these days.

My bad, I must of been thinking of BC2, which doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          More players is all it really needs. The graphics are functional enough, nothing to moan about anyway. I can't put it down, and I don't even like FPS.
                          I'm with J0e.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
                            I'm with J0e.
                            Congrats, when will we hear the pitter patter of tiny feet?

Comment

It happens.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah I wasnt bitching about the console graphics. I am more than happy with that on 360 but obviously if it could be improved in a re-release then all the better.

I'm not really up for double-dipping but if EA/Dice wanted a straightforward launch title release I would actually buy BF3 again for a new console if they re-aligned it to current PC standards. That provided they didnt make you double-dip on the DLC you purchased with the premium account.

Hell I would love it if they re-released BC2 in the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X