Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed

Couldn't find a thread for this:

Michael Fassbender, who has starred in recent sci-fi movies Prometheus and X-Men: First Class, will take on the lead role of an as-yet unnamed assassin as Ubisoft moves to bring its Assassin's Creed franchise to the big screen.

"Michael Fassbender was our first choice (to play the franchise's iconic hooded hero)," Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Paris-based Ubisoft Motion Pictures, said in
    Variety. "Michael is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor."The plot will be similar to the games, where the character learns he is part of a long line of assassins and has been kidnapped by a Templar organization to recover lost artifacts. With each new game having a different hero, it is quite possible Fassbender will play a brand new assassin and not Ezio, Altair, Desmond, or Conner.

Prometheus and X-Men: First Class star Michael Fassbender has been chose by Ubisoft to play the lead in an upcoming movie adaptation of the Assassin's Creed franchise. He will also co-produce the film with Conor McCaughan.

What do we think, could this be the first decent game-to-film adaptation? it's certainly a good choice for the lead.

Could be cool, though I won't be surprised if this falls through.

Comment

Oh no! If it's as boring as the games, count me well out.

Bet it's gonna be some The Da Vinci Code type of gubbins, with battle action and stealth tacked on. Nah. Hope it turns out to be good, though, don't like being a miserable git.

Comment

The premise of the video game series “Assassin’s Creed” is one in which any famous historical setting can be adopted by a particular entry. This makes it ideal for a film adaptation as the story can incorporate any number of settings that won’t just be a re-tread of an already existing game. The games themselves […]

Possibly reveal of the story and setting

Comment

20th Century Fox has shattered the single studio global box office record, earning more than $5.5 billion in 2014. That’s up on the previous record of $5.15 billion which Paramount scored in 2011. Films from the studio in 2014 managed to nab $1.79 billion in domestic box-office, and $3.73 billion in international. Eight of the […]

Delayed till the less than great date of Dec 21st 2016

Comment

First image of Fassbender released

Comment

Well, it might be just one image, but it's a good start.

I just think it's weird they've cast Fassbender - are they setting it in western Europe?

Comment

Not sure on the setting but I think Fassbender was one of the peeps behind it getting made as a personal project

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Not sure on the setting but I think Fassbender was one of the peeps behind it getting made as a personal project
                  I see. I mean, it's a relief to get a competent actor in the lead role of a video game movie adaptation. I'm just concerned it'll turn into another Exodus: Gods and Kings.

Comment

I'd be more concerned it'll turn into another Prince of Persia.

At least fassbender isn't playing someone from the Middle East .

Comment

Apparently the film's events and storyline are part of the same continuity as the games

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/386...ame-continuity

Apparently the film's events and storyline are part of the same continuity as the games
                        In that case, it must be geographically removed from them.

Introducing:

Assassin's Creed: Midlands

Parkour around the Bullring before taking the train to Solihull and assassinating the manager of the local Burger King!

Comment

The studio is said to be already pushing forwards for a sequel. They'd probably be best holding off for now...

Comment

Working...
                          X