No announcement yet.

marvel vs capcom origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vs games were much worse but SFZ3 was superb on the PS1.

Comment

SFZ3 was a rather good SF for PSX standards, but really not in league with the Saturn version which itself wasn't as good as it should've been. Some sound issues and slowdown during certain super combos. It might be the one on SF Alpha Anthology might be even better, although it has no console extras (i think).

What I loved about the Saturn version is that it had everything unlocked from the start, something I did many months earlier on PSX already. I was relieved I didn't have to redo it. Although I think you still needed to beat world tour for the Saturn exclusive Super Dictator, the one with the skull super bar and laughable powerful psycho crusher. Used to roll over the AI with that, good times.

Also, the CPS 2 infinites worked on Saturn version, although the scaling seemed to have been nerfed compared to MAME. I sometimes made 100 hit combos with Ryu. Saturn version had Karin's arcade stage (sakura nighttime), something no other version had for whatever reason.
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 07-07-2012, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
        I think Akuma from SSF2X is even more difficult, his agility and damage output was simply ridiculous.
        I'll give you that. CPU (Shin) Akuma from SSF2X Coin-op was ultra-cheap, and in a really unpleasant, make-you-despise-SF way.

I'm not saying that COTA Magneto was THE cheapest boss, but he is totally up there. Top-10 all time at least, if not top-5.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-07-2012, 20:17.

Comment

Yeah but in Gill you had an End boss who brought back half his fricking health bar FFS! Also loved SFA3 on PSX, world tour AND the endings music, it was beautifully chillout especially after a mad boss battle at 3:30am.
          Last edited by bash; 07-07-2012, 21:17.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this, but it all depends on how they handle the whole 'HD' aspect of it.

And I wish Capcom would stop messing around and just release the Power Stone Collection on PSN/XBLA. That's what everyone really wants anyway

Comment

I want the punisher on XBLA, or better yet psn for vita.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                I want the punisher on XBLA, or better yet psn for vita.
                Good call. It was like Duke Nukem 3D meets Manhunt.

Comment

No it wasn't. It was like Final Fight with some added gunplay.

Comment

Just like how I questioned why Magic Sword was included in Final Fight: Double Impact, I wonder why MSH is included here.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Magic Sword still don't know, but MSH could be because of the... storyline. They obviously went for MvC over MvsSF because MvC is a bigger name. And a better game I think.

I suspect an online edition treatment with the stupid trials popping up all the time in letterbox mode. And a removal of a proper intro. Why SF3 TS OE just didn't receive the Final Fight Online treatment is beyond me. OE is a piece of ****.

Originally posted by bash View Post
                      Yeah but in Gill you had an End boss who brought back half his fricking health bar FFS! Also loved SFA3 on PSX, world tour AND the endings music, it was beautifully chillout especially after a mad boss battle at 3:30am.
                      Gill could also waste it on a super art. But you could kick him out of his recharge although I never found the proper timing to do it all the time. I typically turtled and bait him into doing a super, and then punish that afterwards.
                      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 08-07-2012, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                        No it wasn't. It was like Final Fight with some added gunplay.
                        Yes, that would be a more accurate comparison. XD

Comment

No, thats not fair, there was a lot more gameplay to Punisher compared to FF, for instance the run options, jump kicks etc. The graphics look a lot nicer too, much more bolder in style no doubt helped from the fact they were drawing an already established comic book character. The punch and throw combos were also a bit more complex. I do prefer FF as its one of my fave games of all time but I think Punisher deserves more respect.

Comment

give me aliens vs predator the arcade game

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              give me aliens vs predator the arcade game
                              +1.

Sadly, lack of license rights on Capcom's part means that this is highly unlikely.

I would settle for a port of Battle Circuit, though.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-07-2012, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                                No, thats not fair, there was a lot more gameplay to Punisher compared to FF, for instance the run options, jump kicks etc. The graphics look a lot nicer too, much more bolder in style no doubt helped from the fact they were drawing an already established comic book character. The punch and throw combos were also a bit more complex. I do prefer FF as its one of my fave games of all time but I think Punisher deserves more respect.
                                I didn't say it was identical. I just suggested that they shared the same framework, like many of Capcom's scrolling fighters.

Comment

Working...
                                X