No announcement yet.

marvel vs capcom origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be getting it based purely on the fact that MSH is one of the few games that I can actually finish.

Every so often I load up MvC3 with the misguided notion that I might actually have an idea what's happening on the screen. Don't enjoy playing it one bit, but I'm more than happy to watch vids of top tier players facing off.

Comment

Just hoping that online play won't be fecked in the same way that it is on SFIII:3SOE.

Otherwise (as much as I hate to give my money to modern-day Capcom), I can see myself downloading this onto my 360. MSH really didn't get great home ports (Saturn version - pick of the sorry bunch - somehow managed NOT to fully take advantage of the 4MB RAM Cart) and the Dreamcast port of MvC1 (best original home port of MvC1 by LIGHT YEARS) is starting to show its age and could do with an HD sprucing up.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-07-2012, 19:09.

Comment

They could have included marvel vs sf too?

Comment

Yeah no Marvel vs SF is sucky. Best one in the series imo.

Comment

I'm not getting this. I own both on the Saturn. I don't like the first Marvel game anyway so I'm not bothered of a better version of that but Marvel VS Capcom on the Saturn is just fine and even looks fantastic on my HD TV thanks to the Maicomsoft XAV2-s box. HD my arse. These will be like many of capcom's "HD" games. Upscaled with a filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              I'm not getting this. I own both on the Saturn. I don't like the first Marvel game anyway so I'm not bothered of a better version of that but Marvel VS Capcom on the Saturn is just fine and even looks fantastic on my HD TV thanks to the Maicomsoft XAV2-s box. HD my arse. These will be like many of capcom's "HD" games. Upscaled with a filter.
              I'm pretty sure marvel vs capcom never happened on saturn.

Rather, it had X-men vs Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Street Fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Marvel VS Capcom on the Saturn is just fine and even looks fantastic on my HD TV thanks to the Maicomsoft XAV2-s box.
                You mean Marvel vs Capcom on the Dreamcast?

Comment

MvC on the Dreamcast was fantastic. I mean, it didn't look as crisp as the Saturn games, which is something also noticable with SFZ3. I think it had to do with DC games upscaling to 640x480 while the sprites of CPS-2 games and Saturn ports were 384 x 224 something.

MvC was more intense to begin with, yet it ran better, had better sound effects and it had even shorter load times. Without the need of a RAM cart at all. That was the cool thing about the DC back then. Thats why the import was my first game.
                  Last edited by saturn-gamer; 07-07-2012, 14:53.

Comment

I thought Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter was pants, the last boss was cheap as hell. Granted i did play it on the psone, so i don't know if its any better on other formats.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                      MvC on the Dreamcast was fantastic. I mean, it didn't look as crisp as the Saturn games, which is something also noticable with SFZ3. I think it had to do with DC games upscaling to 640x480 while the sprites of CPS-2 games and Saturn ports were 384 x 224 something.
                      Always hated that the PS2/DC fighting games did this. They lack definition as a result and often looked worse than their PS1 and Saturn counterparts.

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                      I thought Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter was pants, the last boss was cheap as hell. Granted i did play it on the psone, so i don't know if its any better on other formats.
                      The PS1 version was dire.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                        I think the ultra cheap final boss was Apocalypse from the X-Men.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          I think the ultra cheap final boss was Apocalypse from the X-Men.
                          In terms of cheapness...

Magneto (Children of the Atom) > ALL vs. Capcom bosses.

This is why Magneto has been nerfed to oblivion in every Marvel/Capcom fighter since!

Comment

The PS versions of the Vs. games, as well as Savior and SFZ3 are much much worse than they are on the Saturn. Its about a console generation of difference, its that big.

MvSF was also not that great on Saturn I thought. It was a perfect port but its just that it was too similar to XvsSF and that had wowed me a year prior. I didn't like the character lineup of MvSF much either, give me XvSF any day. Mech Gouki would appear AFTER Apocalypse in MvSF and was hard, but I could beat him rather consistently.

I could also beat Magneto in COTA, he was indeed very difficult. The fun thing is that COTA actually had pretty cool endings, but it was a challenge to actually get there.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                              I could also beat Magneto in COTA, he was indeed very difficult. The fun thing is that COTA actually had pretty cool endings, but it was a challenge to actually get there.
                              Agreed about COTA's endings.

For me, the gameplay was the other way around - I found it easy to get to Magneto, but Magneto was ultra-cheap. Turtling, expert chip-damage, you name it.

COTA Magneto is easily one of the all-time cheapest fighting game end-bosses EVER - and I include ANYTHING that has ever been produced by SNK in that.

Comment

I think Akuma from SSF2X is even more difficult, his agility and damage output was simply ridiculous. But any single player fight in that game was a boss on itself, good lord. I think the early console versions were nerfed, but the DC release and Hyper SF2 returned it in full glory.

I never really like cheap bosses, although I absolutely love to fight Gill in SF3 Third Strike.

Comment

Working...
                                X