• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii U Mario Kart pack down to ?209.99 in Sainsburys today

Neil

Comment

Any good WiiU deals right now?

What else do you need to buy? Memory cards/batteries etc?

Comment

Depends on what you will be using it for. We got the 8GB version as all we use are physical games on disc and that is literally all we need.
        This basic version doesn't come with a wiimote or a sensor bar which you would need to play the older Wii games - Which is where the premium model comes in with all that included and with 32GB, much more ideal if you plan on downloading games.
        32GB will still run out quickly with big downloads so you could look into buying an external hard drive, plenty of people do that and I'm sure members on here could point you in the right direction.

Comment

Decided that I'm going to put some cash away this month, and then buy it at the end of November/start of December, but can stretch to it immediately if there are any unmissable deals.

Key thing is that I don't want the basic pack. We'll be selling our Wii once we get the WiiU (and digging out the old GameCube) so I need the sensor bar and Wiimote.

Comment

Probably isn't worth it considering a Wii sells for what, ?20 now? The Premium machine doesn't come with a Wiimote I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Probably isn't worth it considering a Wii sells for what, ?20 now? The Premium machine doesn't come with a Wiimote I mean.
              Ah, I thought it did; Fader said this:

This basic version doesn't come with a wiimote or a sensor bar which you would need to play the older Wii games - Which is where the premium model comes in with all that included and with 32GB, much more ideal if you plan on downloading games.
              You're right that the Wii sells for very little, but if I have a WiiU and a Gamecube, I have no reason to possess an original Wii, and like all things it takes up space. I would also prefer to use the GC over the Wii for Cube games, because you have to dig out the Wiimote to boot them up on the Wii.

Comment

Totally agree about the Cube thing.

Comment

?170 8GB Basic Model at Amazon UK.

Comment

Surely the Shopto bundles are the best at the mo

You can get the basic bundle above plus Bayonetta twin pack for ?200 or with Mario Bros for ?175 for example

Neil

Comment

Was just going to post the same as Neil They've been roughly that price for over a month too.
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                        Was just going to post the same as Neil They've been roughly that price for over a month too.
                        I'm seriously close to pulling the trigger on one myself at the moment.

Neil

Comment

Don't buy a basic. Two games and the HDD is full.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Don't buy a basic. Two games and the HDD is full.
                            Can you not use a external 500gb drive? or a thumb drive?

Comment

Not sure. Possibly. Nintendo though.

Comment

Working...
                              X