No announcement yet.

Steam Summer Sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really, or are we clutching at straws again?

Comment

I've been looking forward to this so much that I've only just realised that I don't actually want any games right now anyway. Must resist the urge to buy games I'll never play purely because they are cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
        Is it really, or are we clutching at straws again?
        A developer leaked the start date. A lot of packs being added to the registry, we'll know by 6pm but I'd be shocked if it didn't start tonight.

Comment

TBH, I'd be surprised if it wasn't delayed because of that leak and that's if it was a genuine developer who leaked the date and not a fraudster.

Comment

Four pages of posts for a non-existent sale :-)

Hope it does start today. I'm in the mood for some bargains.

Comment

I'm all bargained out thanks to Currys/PCWorld and Sony's recent Vita sale

A half decent sale is like waiting for a bus, you wait forever for one and then they all turn up at once XD

Comment

Yeah genuine dev leaked the date almost a month ago and he quickly backtracked, add this to the people who 'expected' a sale few weeks ago and no one believed him, until now. He didn't leak it intentionally was said in a passing convo, like should have I said that? Oh dear lets make an excuse.
                Couple that with Wadjet Eye games saying Resonance had been delayed til after steam sale and said new date was July 25th/26th, alsp A Virus Named Tom was delayed for same reasoning, basically confirmed the devs post validity for me.

So steam sale ahoy, hope The Dark Eye has wee discount, definitely want that. Others will just have to wait and see what takes my fancy.

Comment

It's up...

Comment

Well nothing screaming "Buy me" today, so I guess that's a good thing to some degree.

Might pick up Legend of Grimrock for ?4.79

Comment

Tempted by Lone Survivor but I'm waiting to see if it goes down further as a daily deal.

Comment

This sale strategy for me is working out ok. Quick example:

ooh! Terraria! Only ?1.49! Looks interesting. And it's only ?1.49!
                        Brad: Will you EVER play it? Think about all the games you currently own. Will you EVER choose to play this over ALL the other games you own?

?1.49 saved.

Comment

There are people on my friends list with over 100 hours on Terraria. With that said, my Steam list is shamefully long.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post

Brad: Will you EVER play it? Think about all the games you currently own. Will you EVER choose to play this over ALL the other games you own?

?1.49 saved.
                            What is this "play" thing you keep saying?

Comment

Can't sort games in the sale by OS. Sux.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post

?1.49 saved.
                                Get it from a 4-pack and it'll be cheaper.

And also get ?1.49 Dark Messiah of Might & Magic while you're there.

Comment

Working...
                                X