Final Fantasy XV (PS3 & Wii-U) - Rumor for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy XV (PS3 & Wii-U) - Rumor for now

Apparently Final Fantasy XIII Versus has now become Final Fantasy XV and being released on the PS3 and Wii-U. To be confirmed at E3 supposedly.

A video claiming to be from a pre-E3 Square Enix press briefing suggests that Final Fantasy XV will be announced in LA next week. - MCV/DEVELOP

Guess they want to separate it from the XIII series of games. Especially considering everything we've seen of it so far looks and feels nothing like the other XIII games.

Let's hope it is much better than the XIII games as they frankly sucked.

Good idea really considering the time needed to make a Final Fantasy game nowadays.

Comment

Versus XIII has been stuck in development for that long and didn't look very appealing to begin with. Not holding much hope out for this.

Comment

I don't know about that, wasn't versus meant to be bringing back the overworld map and other such elements that have been missing from the later games?

Comment

No 360 support? Bleh.

Comment

It was set to have some more traditional elements but I've never been keen on FF spin-offs and bending this into being FFV just gives me the hibby-jibby's. If it's a fresh project from scratch in a proper new universe rather than a shoe-horned to fit title then I'll give it a gander.

Comment

This looks really fake.

The crowd, the CERO rating..

Comment

I think it's been confirmed fake already.

Still, gotta love E3 time.

I'm sure the new "Shenmue 3 Trailer" will be along any minute now...
                Last edited by C'; 31-05-2012, 16:53.

Comment

Rumour of a rumour regarding Final Fantasy XV:

RUMOR: GamesMaster reported that Square Enix's Final Fantasy XV has been in development for 4 years, which began one month after FFXIII was released in Japan, with a team of over 200 people. The game design and battle system will be a major evolution from FFXII, the game will have crowd filled cities similar to Assassin's Creed....
                  • Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.
                  • It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.
                  • The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.
                  • The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin's Creed.
                  • The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.
                  • Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.

From http://the-magicbox.com/

Would be nice if they really use the system from FFXII, I really quite liked the Gambit system compared to the system of XIII which seemed mostly to play itself.

Comment

Oh god, I hope it's another Ivalice team game!

Comment

An Ivalice team game will make me sell my soul to play it! Hope it is true!

Comment

Meh I know I go against the majority but I hated 12 for the battle system I like turn based (gonna hide now)

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                          Meh I know I go against the majority but I hated 12 for the battle system I like turn based (gonna hide now)
                          I disliked 12 but Ivalice team made FF Tactics and the amazing Vagrant Story, so here's hoping!!

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                            This looks really fake.

The crowd, the CERO rating..
                            That CERO rating means it's not yet rated.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                              Twelve had exactly the same battle flow and FF7-8, the Active Time Battle. It was still turn based just felt much freer.

Comment

Working...
                              X