Final Fantasy XV (PS3 & Wii-U) - Rumor for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it should look like this in 2015:

Okay, so it's going to be open-world and you drive around in a car a lot? Graphics look great, but that is hardly a selling point today. Not sure about the action-game combat, only time will tell.
    Last edited by Guts; 18-09-2014, 10:57.

Comment

I think it looks amazing. I think they are taking risks by rethinking the franchise and if pulled off correctly, it could work wonderfully. I hope it's somewhat close to FFXII. If this goes well, I hope the next FF is more of a historical setting.

Comment

I think it looks really cool, and quite original with its mash up of monsters, driving, magic, and a city based on Shinjuku. The graphics look absolutely superb.

Looking forward to hearing more about this.

Comment

I would love to know how many times they've been back to the drawing board for this, but what they're showing now does seem pretty interesting. The whole 'road trip' thing is a pretty fresh idea to drop into a game, and the open world combat looks like it could be fun. There's plenty of neat ideas in FFXIV that I could see coming across, and even though yep, it could still be a turd, I'll certainly be there for this as soon as it lands.

Comment

I'm amazed at how much i want this game already. These trailers have blown my mind.

Comment

New video showing off gameplay footage. Extremely poor quality, but definitely worth watching. This game has grabbed me right by my hype sack already, can't wait for the demo next year.

Comment

Need to update the thread title.

Looks stunning. Truly incredible.

Comment

No idea what to make of it. It ticks every generic Nomura design in history with the characters, utterly predictable.
                  World design is nice though and technically looks outstanding.
                  Combat is key though. I have a feeling it's going to be dumbed down again like XIII.

Comment

Parts of it look great, parts less so. The car in the earlier trailer doesn't move so well either, dunno... I wanna hope but I don't feel Square has a good one in them anymore
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 21-09-2014, 10:23.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        Parts of it look great, parts less so. The car in the earlier trailer doesn't move so well either, dunno... I wanna hope but I don't feel Square has a good one in them anymore
                        Exactly this. They seem so obsessed with being epic and cinematic now, they have forgotten what actually makes a superbly balanced Final Fantasy game.

Comment

Possible. Fearing the worst, hoping for the best. The only part of FFXIII I liked was arriving at that huge open area which gave a certain semblance of freedom but it was too little too late. I did put many hours in grinding, as the side quests and battle system were quite enjoyable and addictive. The rest of the game I can hardly remember. An FF game needs to be part 'tunnel runner' for the story aspect of course but mostly open world. FFXII was excellent, FFXIII less so. The FFXV video gave a somewhat GTAesque open world with an RPG battle system. It could be excellent if it was somewhat like a single-player MMO like FFXII was.

Comment

From what they've said of the battle system it sounds pretty bad. One button to block and Noctis will continue to dodge while it's held, one button to attack which can be pressed while blocking. It also sounds like all those actions with other characters are automatic and will happen if you're close to them.

Comment

It does look automated. Lord knows why they won't expand on FFXII. It's hardly like FFXV needs to flow realistically.

Comment

Final Fantasy has never been short of characters burdened with saving the world, but there's something different about …

Long story short: more casual, more "western", more streamlined - in other words - more dumbed down for the Assassin's Creed generation

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X