No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the devs have a lot of hard loving from fans after the Witcher trilogy but... drawn out development, rarely good.

Comment

New trailer though still no gameplay or release date:

Comment

Check out 2:37. Looks like Ciri is going to show up in Night City

Comment

Trust Me, You Don’t Want Cyberpunk 2077 in Third-Person.

"You’ve got to appreciate that Night City, Cyberpunk’s dystopian urban environment, isn’t like any open world you might have seen before. Seriously, that’s not just PR speak. This is an incredibly dense, up-in-your-face metropolis where billboards hurl bright neon lights in your eyes, cables hang low like makeshift ceilings in cramped alleyways, and punks lurking on street corners intimidate you for fun. It’s claustrophobic in a way that wide open fields of yellow maize and the expanses of swaying forests in The Witcher 3 never were.

Mike Pondsmith, the mind behind the Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG on which CDPR’s latest project spoke of it in a recent interview:

“In an incredibly urban environment, stuff happens around your perception all the time. And if you’re above and out of it and you’re just driving a puppet around, you don’t get that same feeling you get of being in the place and picking up data, looking at opportunities – when you are in it, stuff impacts you.”"

Comment

That description from Mike Pondsmith instantly makes me think that the VR headset would be more akin to the tight cramped immerse feel he is trying to convey in that interview.

Comment

Cyberpunk 2077 Will Engage Players Not Just Viscerally but Intellectually, Too; It’s Inherently Political

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a game about people with power at the top and people at the bottom with none. That power can come from money, hierarchies, technology and violence.

The original Cyberpunk 2020 setting, like the setting of The Witcher stories, was a complex critique of the author’s world, and we don’t shy away from that In our games. On the contrary! I think it’s one of the things that sets us apart. Of course, to us, mature doesn’t mean just sex and violence. We will try to engage you on multiple levels, not just the visceral, but also the intellectual. Cyberpunk is an inherently political genre and it’s an inherently political franchise.

It’s a place that is very critical of the world in which we live, in interesting and complex ways and we hope we can get that across. Cyberpunk 2077 is about a world where a vanishingly small number of ultra-rich individuals at the top of intractable corporate power structures reign over a disintegrating world where the vast majority of the population lives in an endless cycle of poverty and violence. How different that is from our world depends a lot on your perspective, I suppose."

Comment

Well Cyberpunk kinda has to be political, because that's part of what makes the genre work. It's meant to be a dark reflection of the 80s and its obsession with wealth, Reaganomics etc.

It's a fusion of the science fiction elements of future-decay and a loss of human empathy with the idea of standing up for the individual in the face of corporate control that has superceded governments.

If people were hoping for it to be apolitical then they were hoping for it to be bad.

Comment

4 new screens that look to me somewhat more in game than past ones:

Comment

This is the thing I wanted to see all the long before hype stood any real chance, gameplay. It's a fair chink of it and for people in work it's NSFW for mature themes which is videogame jargon for unneccessary boobs:

Hats off, it genuinely looks good in motion. It plays well enough in hand then this may be the first one they do to live up to the hype for my tastes.

Comment

Looks topper. Bit of a Deus Ex/GTA vibe at a first skip through. I’m hoping it’s built around the stuff CDProjektRed do well - story, characters, side missions and world-building. The political commentary could make for some fascinating and immersive gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        This is the thing I wanted to see all the long before hype stood any real chance, gameplay. It's a fair chink of it and for people in work it's NSFW for mature themes which is videogame jargon for unneccessary boobs
                        How often do you take a bath with a bra on?

It looks good. CD Projekt Red is one of the few developers I still have a bit of faith in, mostly due to how they've handled The Witcher series.

Comment

I'm not usually prone to falling for hype but I can't fathom Cyberpunk 2077 being anything less than excellent.

CD Projekt Red is in a class of their own when it comes to character development, world building and respect for the source material. They're huge fans of Cyberpunk and have acquired the rights to it from 2077 onwards in the timeline. Mike Pondsmith is working very closely with them while still working on 2030.

I think this will be an extremely unusual 'day one' purchase for me.

Comment

Excited. Glad I've got the rig to do this kind of thing justice. Never played one of their games before.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Excited. Glad I've got the rig to do this kind of thing justice. Never played one of their games before.
                              Then you should pick up The Witcher III GOTY edition - they're practically giving it away now

Comment

Looks immense.

Comment

Working...
                                X