Street Fighter 25th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol... each to their own.

I still enjoyed 3rd strike but if I had to pick just one it would be Alpha 3 all the way.

Comment

Best sf games are capcom vs snk 2 or the latest installment. The older games are perfectly fine, but I can't see how anyone would prefer them over newer versions other than for the reason of nostalgia.

That said I enjoy the occasional ssf2 romp.

Comment

Rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
          Best sf games are capcom vs snk 2 or the latest installment. The older games are perfectly fine, but I can't see how anyone would prefer them over newer versions other than for the reason of nostalgia.

That said I enjoy the occasional ssf2 romp.
          That's a ballsy statement son, can only assume you don't really play fighting games... Or at the very least know NOTHING about them other then theres characters and they fight each other....

aaaanyway, Happy Anniversary SF, here's to another 25 prosperous years!
          Last edited by Shozuki; 30-08-2012, 23:53. Reason: forgot to bold NOTHING

Comment

Love street fighter. Even got a Gouki 天 tattoo on my back, way back in the day when I was too much into Capcom vs Snk 2. I remember some awesome games with Supergoal in Akihabara. However, I'm similar to nonny in that I feel the series has outgrown me. I haven't really been into a SF game properly since Zero 3/CvS2.

Still, i shall bust out the arcade stick and play through some old classics on the Dreamcast tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
              Best sf games are capcom vs snk 2
              Except that Capcom vs SNK 2 isn't a "SF game", per se.

Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin View Post
                Love street fighter. Even got a Gouki 天 tattoo on my back, way back in the day when I was too much into Capcom vs Snk 2. I remember some awesome games with Supergoal in Akihabara. However, I'm similar to nonny in that I feel the series has outgrown me. I haven't really been into a SF game properly since Zero 3/CvS2.

Still, i shall bust out the arcade stick and play through some old classics on the Dreamcast tonight.
                Please tell me its a full-size tattoo, covers your back and burns through your shirt every time you win a round?

Comment

Haha, I was young and foolish. Was much bigger on me when I was 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                    That's a ballsy statement son, can only assume you don't really play fighting games... Or at the very least know NOTHING about them other then theres characters and they fight each other....

aaaanyway, Happy Anniversary SF, here's to another 25 prosperous years!
                    He's actually 94% correct. He only failed to mention 3S instead of CvS2 (still a solid game).

Comment

3rd strike for me. I got jittery when i was without it. I'm all hooked up with an arcade stick again, play it many times every week.
                      Still working on parrying to this day. Its the most beautiful Street fighter I've played. From the disliked original street fighter on arcade (when i was at college) on Atari ST Too.

I'm meaning to pick up Alpha collection for PS2, but i'm without a PS2 Arcade stick at the moment. Still love II, but i just think everything about 3rd strike screams out, correct and brilliant and fun and beautiful looking, and the animation, the backgrounds, the japanese speech, just everything. i find it balanced too, but i'm no expert.

Comment

I'm about to embark on a full bartop xbox coin-ops powered arcade cabinet conversion (got the idea from bash in the console section)... so I'll be sourcing some decent sticks/buttons and that will become my 2D fighting outlet.

I'm too ****e at the games to bother venturing online with games like SFIV.

I honestly dont know what didnt gel with me in regards to 3rd Strike. The parrying system is genius and all of its parts fit but to me I always go back to SFA3 and it's like a warm day in the sun. Maybe I am the weird one. Very possible.

Comment

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Sets now $141.75 (?88) for 360 and $135.60 (?84) for PS3 (before Shipping & Customs).

Still hard to justify splashing out on content that is already-owned imo, but the price is a little cheaper. Perhaps a sign that take-up for this hasn't been what Capcom would've expected?
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-10-2012, 20:07.

Comment

That Ryu statue just looks awful..

Comment

Yup it is

Comment

I like the logo.

Comment

Working...
                                X