No announcement yet.

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seth Killian said on his twitter that no European retailers wanted to pick this up, the only way for people like us to buy it is by importing it.

Comment

Seems odd, would have thought one of them would have loved exclusivity on it

Comment

Noone would buy it, that's why nobody is going to stock it. If stand-alone SFxT isn't shifting units alone, this never will. If it was ?60 maybe, not at ?150. 2D fighters just don't have that kind of draw nowadays. The biggest pull is prolly the Ryu statue, but considering anybody who would be remotely interested in it will already have the games, this'd be stock room shelf space hogging fodder if nothing else.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Mildly dissapointed.

Alpha trilogy, and the other sf3 iterations could have been developed/released on XBLA around the same time so they could have included them with this package.....hell even if they just announced they were going to finally fix the much touted, but ultimately much broken 3S online.

They cant even go to the effort of developing a couple of XBLA titles for this series 25th anniversary now.

I mean its a sad state of affairs really.

Also for whoever was talking about the dvd's, forget getting decent tranfers if this gets a UK release.

I was impressed at the amount included for 150usd at first, but honestly when you look at it overall, its just a quick, easy farmout of all the stuff thats current, that all fans already have.

The only interesting items to me are the blurays, artbook and soundtrack collection. They can stick the ?1000 odd worth of dlc content where the sun dont shine.

Comment

Yeah, disappointed with this too. Cartoons I couldn't give two ****s about, soundtracks maybe, don't know, three games I've already got, ****ty figurine etc. What's really there to justify the spend? This isn't Capcom targetting the 'hardcore', it's Capcom squarely aiming at the wallets of the gullible.
            Including SFxTekken is bit off too. Christ, at the very least they could have included one or more of the Zero series.
            A $150 box of meh. Which is a bit gutting when you think of all the cool things they could have done with a proper 25th anniversary package. I mean, this is Street Fighter ffs.

As Fuse says though, more alarming is that the 15th anniversary was 10 years ago. Time really does fly.

Comment

Heads-up - Play-Asia have listed this today and stated pre-orders are open soon. Seth Killian has also said through Twitter that;

Capcom store can't ship 25th Anniv Set out of US (laws reelling games across borders) but I'm told Amazon will have it soon

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                The collection has the best versions of all the major SF titles with all the DLC.

Besides, it hardly matters what games there are, the hardcore SF fans (who are willing to put $150 in a video game) already own all the games already. Anyone really thought that they would bother remaking Alpha games or something for a collector's edition which will sell a couple thousand copies at most?

If people want to cry about a bad 25th anniversary collection they need to go to the Mario 25th thread.
                Essentially a SNES Rom locked to 50hz?! That was **** indeed. Street Fighter 25th is on Amazon but they won't ship it outside the US. I ordered it through my account but having it sent to my brother's girlfriend's residence in the US. I've already got the games but the Blu Ray Movies and other content made me want to get it.

Comment

For ?150 I'd want every single version of Street Fighter. This collection is a shambles. I think it's a mistake to assume that hardcore fans want anything other than actual games.

Comment

No HD update of Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha = FAIL.

As others have said, a full anthology of the SF games would have been much better, but this seems like a cynical attempt to milk the pockets of the current gen crowd.

Comment

Personally I think it's a mistake to assume hardcore fans don't already have the actual games.

Comment

I don't think they're making such a mistake. They know they have the games. They also know that a dodgy Ryu figure and replica belt will lure a fair few of them into rebuying that lot.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                          I don't think they're making such a mistake. They know they have the games. They also know that a dodgy Ryu figure and replica belt will lure a fair few of them into rebuying that lot.
                          Agreed. This is what's SO depressing about it all. It's like Capcom just dont give a flying feck. 25 years of SF and they basically don't give a feck.

Why are Capcom so completely unrecognizable from what they used to be in the 1990s?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            Why are Capcom so completely unrecognizable from what they used to be in the 1990s?
                            How many people at capcom are the same people that were there during the glory days of street fighter 2 etc...

If there were any passion, most of it would be second hand.

Comment

Its a shame that this set is in no way marking the one game that will be 25 years old

rubbish old Street Fighter 1

would is not be really cool to update that game into Super Street Fighter 1 Turbo or something similar.

Comment

Same old boring capcom. All that history and all they do is put a bargain bin of games you can pick up off the shelf and a tatty figure.
                                Let's have a decent collection with all the SF1/Zero series included. Stay away from my Dreamcast exclusive double impact though!

Comment

Working...
                                X