Soul Sacrifice : PS Vita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Sacrifice : PS Vita

PlayStationVita, PSVita, プレイステーション, ヴィータ, ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント, SOUL, SACRIFICE, ソウルサクリファイス, アクション

properly announced tomorrow.

O_o bye bye life...

I take it they expect people to play this game with the vita plugged into the wall for weeks on end... :/

Comment

If you're plugged in, why not play the console version, you loon?! Ha ha ha!

It might not be a Demon Souls game:
      The PS Vita wants its pound of flesh. And you are going to give it. In return, you will get some wicked power weapons and spells.

Keiji Inafune, best known for Mega-Man and Dead Rising, is working on upcoming PlayStation Vita game Soul Sacrifice. Until now, the game has been shrouded in mystery, but Sony promises a full reveal on May 10.

Today, leaks from Japanese game magazine Famitsu reveal that Inafune's studio Comcept and Marvelous AQL will be doing the development, while Sony is producing the title.

It was previously thought that From Software (of Dark Souls' fame) would be developing the game. That isn't the case.

In Soul Sacrifice, players can "sacrifice" different parts of their bodies to cast certain spells and evoke demons. For example, stick your arm down your throat and pull out your spinal cord to wield Excalibur or sacrifice your eyes to invoke Gorgon.

The game's setting represents human lust, and the protagonist is the servant of cruel wizard.
      "This is what I wanted to do—true fantasy," Inafune told the magazine, noting the game's central theme of sacrifice and reward. Earlier this year, a leather bound Inafune teased that he was working on a "totally new" PS Vita game, giving zero details about the project. This apparently was that project.

Comment

I'll take anything! I can see the ribs on my Vita.

This sneak peak looks good. I want Pinball (with Friends leaderboards) on my Vita too. Hurry up!

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
          I'll take anything! I can see the ribs on my Vita.
          Ha ha ha! That's a brilliant line!

Comment

I could see a dark souls port on vita though...

Comment

Dark Souls Vita. If only. But I'll take this in the meantime.

Comment

Screens

Comment

Looks incredible.

Comment

Footage and talking.

Comment

I think this might be brilliant. Hard to tell though. Need a native English description of it all. It sounds like you can possibly pull your friend's spine out to get a massive sword. Or your own spine. Or maybe sacrifice your own eye, but what does that even mean? If I sacrifice my eye does my vision remain blurry for the rest of the game or something? Why, in a game, would I sacrifice my own life? All a bit confusing. It looks great though. My biggest complaint is the font they use for the name of the game! It looks really out of place against the rest of the presentation. Like it should be from a fitting game or something.

Cheers for posting the links Hoolak.

Comment

I presume that if you turn a body part into a weapon, once you're done with the weapon it then changes back into a body part.

So technically I suppose it's not actually a sacrifice at all.

Comment

Yeah, misleading title really. Should be called Soul Pawning instead.

Comment

Well that's the thing, it's no good having a massive sword if your spine is missing is it? Yet in the video it loooked like the spineless swine was kicking arse!

Comment

"Meet Soul Sacrifice, the Vita's potential Monster Hunter slayer" - Eurogamer preview

Sounds interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X