Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do mate! I'm currently debating which graphics card to buy as my old gtx480 has died after around 4 years of service. Once that's bought I'll be online testing this bad boy out.

Comment

I'd look at the R9 270X/280 or GTX760/770.

Comment

Yea the gtx760 is the front runner as it's only a little over what I realistically wanna pay. Seems to get only good reviews and it'll play everything I intend to play really well.

Comment

My GTX 580 still kicks serious arse so lord knows what these new ones will do!

Comment

Yea I had no problems with my gtx480 either. Was planning to keep it for another year or so. I'll be happy if my new card is quieter though!

Comment

Well, I have a GTX 670 with a DirectCU II cooler and it is easily the most quiet cooler I've ever had.

They've really knocked it out the park with modern GPU cooling. I recall the noise my 6800GT and 8800GTX kicked out while gaming..

Comment

The 9xx range will be announced very soon so the prices down the range will be reflective and should see a drop, if you can wait that is.

You can get some great deals one the R9 cards quite often

eg http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?act...ch&keywords=r9

I bought this now expired Amazon offer three weeks back

Comment

Is this any good?
                  The Palit GTX750 Ti KalmX is currently Nvidia's faster totally fanless graphics card that provides medium performance for 3D gaming or multi-monitor systems.

Comment

Judge for yourself:

Comment

Priced about right I think going by the performance, didn't realise they came in a fanless variety to be honest. Don't know how it would fair under decent overclocking.

Just check the extra height wouldn't be a problem in your case if you do buy Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                        The 9xx range will be announced very soon so the prices down the range will be reflective and should see a drop, if you can wait that is.

You can get some great deals one the R9 cards quite often

eg http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?act...ch&keywords=r9

I bought this now expired Amazon offer three weeks back
                        http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sapp...amazon-1979615
                        That's a great price for a 280! I'll have to wait until the end of the month now anyway I think. Kinda tempted to wait longer as I've enough to be getting on with on xbox one.

Is there anywhere I can get a really cheap card just to have CS:GO running at 60fps without resorting to ebay?

Comment

What resolution will you be at?

Comment

My 6850 managed that just fine.

Comment

1080p would be ideal but not essential. Could run at a lower res if it meant constant 60fps. I attempted to run it with intel integrated graphics but its a mess. I imagine anything within the past 5 years could probably have a good go at running it well lol. :P

Comment

Ladies and Gents,

I recently built a pc loosely based upon the latest digital foundry 1080p gaming rig. It's great but I've got a low level hum, noise from the fan or power supply or something. Anywho any tips on how to make it just a tad quieter?

tanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X