User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    They usually have an audio out, because HDMI and DP can carry audio signals; you connect the monitor with one of those and then the speakers to the monitor rather than on the computer. If it has an audio in it should have speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    They usually have an audio out, because HDMI and DP can carry audio signals; you connect the monitor with one of those and then the speakers to the monitor rather than on the computer. If it has an audio in it should have speakers.
    Sometimes this is because they have a proprietary port, with a special set of speakers you can buy that bolts onto the monitor. Some DELL monitors work like that.

Yeah, it's weird. There has to be an audio out somewhere but I don't see one. Just a mysterious audio in. I'll go looking in the manual - the last resort of a desperate man.

It has a HDMI port, DVI, VGA, audio in jack and then just the power DC hole thingy.

Edit: Hang on, mystery solved. It does in fact have two tiny little speakers built in. The listing on the site says it didn't have any. Haven't heard any sound from them yet but might play with it later.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 05-02-2016 at 01:59 PM.

By default your PC will be using the audio on your motherboard I imagine but you could switch it to using the HDMI.

Bought some Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm to replace my AKG K701 which require an amplifier to be used with absolutely anything. The sound stage of the K701 was pretty incredible but I'm really liking these 'phones so far.