PES 2013 (All your formats)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PES 2013 (All your formats)

This teaser trailer has just gone live. It shows nothing in the way of gameplay, but does show you C.Ronaldo carrying a bag walking down some steps.

A proper trailer hits in 4 days (24/4/12).

If they can overhaul the often shocking animation and sort the shooting and passing physics it could be a winner.

Comment

Loved 2012, can't wait!

Comment

Nice trailer I thought. If they work on the CPU A.I, shooting and passing this could be ace.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
          Loved 2012, can't wait!
          Indeed. I had WE 2012 and loved it.

Konami just need to stick J-League in the PAL version and in happy.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            If they can overhaul the often shocking animation and sort the shooting and passing physics it could be a winner.
            Yes, animations, especially the goalkeeping need to be entirely re-done. The refs need work on their decisions as well. Plus the awful commentary needs sorting. Those these things have needed fixing for years. Hmm. The ai was awesome in 2012 though.

Comment

I have spent the last 2 days playing J-League WE 2010 on PS2 and it is utterly sublime. It shows how much Konami used to dominate the football market and what a pity they still aren't close to getting it right.

PES 12 has fantastic AI for sure, much better than Fifa. If they can get the core parts right it could be amazing. I still can't help feeling they won't though.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Indeed. I had WE 2012 and loved it.

Konami just need to stick J-League in the PAL version and in happy.
                And I had to buy it from you purely for the commentary

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                  And I had to buy it from you purely for the commentary
                  Isn't the j league actually pretty crap in real life?

Comment

Love the JPN commentary on the series...beeeeeee sting

Comment

Yes get in i too love 2012,

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
                        Isn't the j league actually pretty crap in real life?
                        J-League is thriving with talent. Don't you watch it on Sky or Eurosport? Japan's national team is pretty strong too.

I'm currently play BAL on 2012. It is loads of fun. Pisses on the sterile FIFA Be a Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
                          Yes, animations, especially the goalkeeping need to be entirely re-done. The refs need work on their decisions as well. Plus the awful commentary needs sorting. Those these things have needed fixing for years. Hmm. The ai was awesome in 2012 though.
                          Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          I have spent the last 2 days playing J-League WE 2010 on PS2 and it is utterly sublime. It shows how much Konami used to dominate the football market and what a pity they still aren't close to getting it right.

PES 12 has fantastic AI for sure, much better than Fifa. If they can get the core parts right it could be amazing. I still can't help feeling they won't though.

Please don't misunderstand what I meant about the A.I. For your team mates movements it is brilliant and for the most part, besides forwards not moving enough it is the best A.I ever seen in a football game. But against the CPU especially in competitions e.g. Champions League, to put it bluntly it cheats and seems to have some sort of scripting. It does things that are impossible at times passing wise and dribbling with certain teams or players. to add to this teams parking the bus (which seemed to come in when Konami patched it to make up for inadequacies in goal keeping), making it nigh on impossible to get an opening.

My main problem with 2012 compared to other Winning Eleven games is it can be great for 3 matches then utterly awful for the next 3. Against human beings online PES/WE 2012 plays a great game of football but against the CPU at times can be so frustrating and unrealistic seeing players like Gattuso dribble round your defence, would never do this or be able to in real life or if I was controlling him at the time, but in the hands of the CPU in PES/WE 2012 almost anything is possible.

Just to add more individuality needs to be added to teams like Swansea and more players like Demba Ba. Rumour has it the individuality from Winning Eleven 2010 will come back for PES/WE 2013.

If PES 2013 addresses this and the other stuff mentioned in this thread they are onto a winner. Until they use the New engine in PES 2014 (Fox engine?) though I'm not sure how much the animations can improve.
                          Last edited by JU!; 20-04-2012, 19:33.

Comment

As Hoolak said the J-League is thriving with talent, become a really good league overall but still littered with less than stellar goalkeeping much like african football.
                            Hulk of Porto who is regardeded to be one of the top footballers at the moment actually said the league is extremely hard to play in due to levels of fitness and constant marking. His career started there and I was lucky enough to see him play for real when he was as Frontale.

Regarding the animation JU!, it is a simple matter of better motion capture. PS2 PES has pretty good motion capture overall and links fairly well. PES PS3 has some awful running animations, dribbling and general kicking animations. Nothing at all to do with the engine.

Comment

It has quite a bit to do with the engine. Konami already motion capture the majority of the animations, but they have to tweak in relation to the engine to make sure the game is playable. As long as this engine is used, you won't see a major step up in animations or general visual fidelity. The PS2 PES motion capture and animations were good by last-generation standards, they don't really hold up now.

This "good old PS2" days is actually a major problem with PES series right now. Both the fans and development team just can't seem to let go. The past is the past, PES was fantastic last generation, but time and technology moves on. Hell, the industry as a whole has moved on. Love them or hate them, EA has picked up on that and now FIFA is massive, all around the world.

During the preview code stages both 2011 and 2012 (the latter especially) was shaping up to be incredible, but for some reason Konami change and tweak a few things, resulting in the overall quality being reduced. The shooting in 2012 is an example of this, it was fantastic during the preview code stages, just okay when released and now it's terrible after a few patches. It's just so frustrating, as the AI is excellent. Not perfect, yet a fantastic base that gives each match a different feel. However, the passing and shooting has been tweaked so much since the preview code stage that it's quite poor.

Don't even get me started on the online side of the game. Like I said, just incredibly frustrating, for a game and series I genuinely want to be good. I actually prefer PES 2012 single player, but it's all about online multiplayer these days and Konami are so far behind EA in that respect at the moment it's funny.

In regards to PES 2013, I don't expect there to be any massive changes. I just they can deliver a solid single player experience (don't mess up the passing and shooting for release) and maybe even provide some decent online functionality.

Comment

Working...
                              X