No announcement yet.

Game & Gamestation: GAME credit woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read a couple of articles contradicting Lebowski above, in that the Elite scheme hasn't had its reward cut.

Comment

UPDATE 29TH MARCH: Eurogamer has been reliably informed all Grainger Games' remaining 46 shops have been told, this mor…

GAME have lost another would be competitor, Grainger Games has closed down effective immediately.

Comment

Beginning of the end, I tells thee!!!

GAME Closing 40 UK Stores

Comment

New console launch might bump sales a bit. It's their own fault. Over priced and chock full of crap.

Comment

And yet the queues are always huge in our two branches. They always 'appear' to be thriving.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              And yet the queues are always huge in our two branches. They always 'appear' to be thriving.
              People queuing to trade-in a few old games a couple of times a year can be misleading.

Comment

There's always a queue at the Trafford Centre one but only because they're hugely inefficient at the tills like CEX. They really need to learn that it's no longer the 90's and upselling is a gross practice that turns away half the potential customers from even entering the store. Since their last near collapse they've changed naff all and expected things to turn around. Asking landlords to cut rent? How about not renting expensive units then wasting 3/4 of your floor space to esports and funko pop.

Comment

Another fire sale coming soon like the great fire sale of 2012??

Fancy a dirt cheap PS4 and a 3DS XL for a few tuppences...

Comment

The whole 'trading' system needs an overhaul. I'm 37 and I'd hate the idea of going to the store with a backpack full of games like some 15 yo begging for a good price. It needs an automated system like a library, you scan your game and do the trade there.
                    Second, they need to get rid of all the pointless ****. Just sell games and consoles of the current generation for a start. Stop stocking trinkets and crap merch.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Another fire sale coming soon like the great fire sale of 2012??
                      There already was a sort of fire sale, at least for last (PS3/360) gen games. I was in Bournemouth last year and the guy said all that gen's games from all the Game stores in the area were being sent to Poole and sold for £1 each, since the stores were clearing them out for good. I went round and it was true. Even stuff that sells for a tenner on eBay. So I cleared out the store.

Comment

You rascal. I don't bloody blame ya!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          The whole 'trading' system needs an overhaul. I'm 37 and I'd hate the idea of going to the store with a backpack full of games like some 15 yo begging for a good price. It needs an automated system like a library, you scan your game and do the trade there.
                          Second, they need to get rid of all the pointless ****. Just sell games and consoles of the current generation for a start. Stop stocking trinkets and crap merch.
                          You can scan items on the Game phone app for trade ins. I haven’t tried it but I know it’s there. I quite like the merch in Game. Nowhere else locally will sell retro gaming t-shirts.
                          On the flip side though I went to buy Jedi Fallen Order recently and they tried to push the £65 version on me. Poor.

Comment

Yeah, the up-selling does them no favours whatsoever. I try and throw them a crust, support the high st and all that, and they pull that nonsense and I think why bother. Where’s the respect for the customer?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Where’s the respect for the customer?
                              Do they deserve any if buying starwars tat

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                Beginning of the end, I tells thee!!!

GAME Closing 40 UK Stores
                                I take no pleasure in honest, hard working people loosing their jobs, but as a company; I hope they go to the wall.

Around 12 years ago, my local independent games shop had a Game open up in the same town and as I knew the owners of the indie well, it was heart breaking seeing Game slowly suck the public to their shop (As Game had a better shop location on the highstreet) before the owners eventually had to sell. Once their was no competition, I had to go to Game and their practises, methods, prices and vandilism of a generation of games (Writing in black marker pen on all pre-owned game discs, manuals and cases) is something that is no longer disscussed in the UK games scene.

Like a cockroach, I'm sure they'll find a way back but I really was hoping they would go to the wall quciker than this.

Comment

Working...
                                X