No announcement yet.

Charity Drive: Latest: Buster Broon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep up the good work Charles, and it's for a great cause, plus you must be feeling healthier but more pained, will you keep running after the marathon?

Comment

Oh im while your here everybody if your reading this, come on readers of bordersdown, stick your hand in your pocket, have one less pint tonight and give Charles a fiver or anything, the guy is putting his blood sweat and tears into it, get giving NOW!

Comment

I ran about 200m to catch a train on Monday and was puddled, I wish I was joking..........

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
          Keep up the good work Charles, and it's for a great cause, plus you must be feeling healthier but more pained, will you keep running after the marathon?
          I'm now getting seriously fit - finding it hard to eat enough to keep up so, getting (even) leaner too. i.e. actual six pack starting to appear. But that's an excellent question - do I carry on?

I'm addicted to running now, but it's not as much fun as MTB, so I'll probably go back to that. However, I think I'll try and get down to 6min/mi for a 6mile/10k race, because training for that isn't so time consuming and shattering.

Comment

Big shout to Ikobo who donated AGAIN!

Comment

Half way through my training: today a half marathon training jog.

How is it possible for the wind to drive the rain into my face the whole way around? It felt like I was constantly running into the wind. Anyway, very pleased with the time of 1:40:37 considering my avHR was 159bpm

IF I can keep up 165bpm for double the distance (which I'm convinced I can), I'm home free (famous last words).
              Last edited by charlesr; 18-02-2012, 14:55.

Comment

Just back from my run, so a bit dishevelled. But still smiling

Comment

8 miles in 57:03

av7:07min/mi
                  av165bpm

Mostly off-road/mud/grass/dirt/pebble beach with high winds.

This would bring me in at 3:06. I'm really beginning to wonder if 2hXXm is attainable. That would be so awesome. I have to remember that 26.2miles is rather longer than this though

Comment

Big shout to Golgo! Thanks very much.

Now up to ?215 plus ?60 promised on completion of marathon.

Comment

Big up ItsThere! Much appreciated.

Comment

Well, I've pulled a muscle in my calf in the 17 mile run I did at the weekend - I wasn't going fast, but some of the hills were punishing and I'm more used to running on the flat

I've only managed to fit in 5 experimental miles this week - it didn't make it any worse, but I've taken a couple of extra days to aid recovery. I'm not sure how I should approach catching up though. Tough. I'm itching to get back out.

Comment

Good to see the total building up, so looks like you got the running bug Charles

Comment

Did my 18 mile run on Tuesday! Took it fairly steady and had a break after 5 miles to change clothes (was getting quite hot). 8:08min/mi
                            The good news is that my calf is fine and I could still walk yesterday and even did some mild cross training on the exercise bike. This made me so happy

A rest day today.

Comment

Big thankyou to Kieran76!

We've almost covered off the cost of the ticket (?250 for charities) now, so anything extra now is profit for the charity

Comment

Just got back from a race pace 8 miles. I thought it felt horribly slow and my legs are super weary now after the frankly daft amount of miles this training programme involves. By race pace I mean 165bpm which I'm hoping not to exceed in the race. 7:26min/mi (got round in 59:39. So a full marathon in ~3:15)

I'm hoping that after the couple of weeks of much easier training before the event I can keep that pace up at a lower bpm. I was worried after this injury I'd have to readjust my target, but I'm desperate to make that 3:15 now.

Also, someone just sponsored enough for a homepage link

Comment

Working...
                                X