SNK Neo-Geo X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNK Neo-Geo X

Sadly, no, not a true follow up to the Neo-Geo Pocket. This is a new handheld which is like having a CFW handheld with you running the roms. It comes preloaded with:

World Heroes
    Ultimate 11
    Top Player's Golf
    Sengoku
    Nam-1975
    Mutation Nation
    Last Resort
    King of Monsters
    Frenzy
    Cyber-Lip
    Fatal Furty Special
    The Art of Fighting
    Super Sidekicks
    League Bowling
    Metal Slug
    Magical Lord
    Baseball Stars Professional
    Samurai Shodown
    The King of Fighters '94
    Fatal Fury

It has a 4.3inch LCD screen and 2GB memory, presumably so further games can be bought digitally. SNK Playmore are said to be expected to fess up shortly however images are out:

SNK Playmore is developing a new portable version of its classic Neo-Geo console. Named the "Neo-Geo Keitai", or "Neo-G…

Personally, I'm expecting it to end up being a knock-off as I doubt SNK personally has the funds for such a project now they're down to releasing just one game per year or so from just one franchise. Also, it's curious it doesn't have the correct company logo on it.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 16-03-2012, 06:10.

Not really interested in the hardware but I hope that the control nub on the left is a digital pad masked as an analog stick.

Comment

It has the original SNK logo that would be found on Neo-Geo hardware. This is easily the first one of these things that'd I'd consider buying, although I'd delete at least six of the included games from it.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Neat. The screen should be 4:3 though

Comment

bit redundant, with perfect emulators already running on the psp

Comment

Yeah, I was just to post about this - interesting stuff!

The news comes from a Japanese blog, so nothing is concrete yet. It could be a genuine leak, a prototype or just a hoax.

The question is if that SD slot allows you to add other games and other emulators.

You can pick up various other handhelds that happily run Neo-Geo games and other consoles.
            I'm currently torn between getting an Xperia Play or a Dingoo A380

In related news, has anybody seen the SupaBoy?!

Comment

I'm deffo getting it. I'd actually take it out and everything.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                bit redundant, with perfect emulators already running on the psp
                Excepting of course that if this IS official, then your money will actually go to SNK...

Not that anyone on here seems to care about that sort of thing...

Comment

Plus the PSP doesn't have the badass NGCD control stick.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Fair point, Flabio, but there's a difference between, for example, a PS Vita that has its own platform-specific games and this, that plays games over two decades old that can be emulated on other devices including handhelds and mobile phones.

I really like the idea of this, but I fear if it is real, it'll be over-priced and under-supported.

Comment

Would love one, but that SNK logo looks slightly off...

Comment

Yeah kind of odd when you can buy official Neo Geo games for download on the PSP, not that many though... Also I don't really know why it is widescreen when all old SNK games are not.

Comment

Why does it have shoulder buttons when MVS only had four too? I'd imagine that and the widescreen are because it can emulate other systems as well as MVS.

There are no pictures of it actually running, but there do seem to be two different versions of it. One has a select button, and the other has a menu button.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It looks like a Chinese mashup of iPhone 4 and Neo Geo which leads me to believe its fake or early prototype leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                              Excepting of course that if this IS official, then your money will actually go to SNK...

Not that anyone on here seems to care about that sort of thing...

dont lecture me young man;

I have been gaming for over 30 years and have put tens and tens of thousands of pounds into the games industry... ;-)
                              Last edited by dvdx2; 25-01-2012, 10:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X