Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wikipad - real gaming tablet?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/10/w...s-all-in-a-ha/

Could be amazing, will probably be sh1t.

It all depends on the games.

Comment

Why has it got Xbox buttons?

Comment

Shart.

Comment

From their website new page:
          "Wikipad:3D launches at the 2012 International CES in Las Vegas – the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow.
          It will rock!"

cant fault their enthusiasm. Only thing I dont understand is if its ready to be shown at CES why the rendered image on their homepage
          To me this looks too good to be true. I would buy one in a heartbeat if the price was right. My JXD gaming tablet arrived today and having played for a couple of hours I am of the opinion that android emulators with a big screen and hardware buttons really are a match made in heaven so I hope this comes to market

Comment

3D Glassesless note pad that supports games? Maybe, companies are dragging their feet a bit with the 3D screen at the moment. Will 99% of people care? No.

Comment

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/11/w...2012-hands-on/

IT LIVES!

Comment

According to another site the core hardware appears to be a Gadmei T863. Those are available from Brando.com for $199.
                Be interesting to see how this develops as the removable controls look cool

Comment

MY EYES!!!!!!

Comment

God that's awful

Comment

It looks like it's still going ahead: http://wikipad.com/

PC World hands-on:
                      Aimed at gamers, the Wikipad is an Android tablet that is capable of glasses-free 3D. The Wikipad has an 8-inch 1280-by-720 resolution parallax autostereoscopic display, and it'll ship running Android Ice Cream Sandwich. The parallax display allows you to switch between a 2D and 3D at will

Wikipad Inc., told me that it plans to ship the tablet with a quad-core Tegra 3 processor. According to NVIDIA, the Tegra 3 is currently the only mobile processor that's capable of converting 2D content into 3D on the fly. The Wikipad has 8GB of internal storage, as well as a microSD card slot that can be used to add an additional 32GB of space. The tablet also has two 2-megapixel cameras

The Wikipad will retail for $200, but for an additional $50 you also get a controller dock. The controller connects to the Wikipad via mini USB and will work with games that support joystick input. The cradle has a standard four button D-pad, four face buttons, two shoulder buttons, and dual-analog sticks.
                      They're not 100% sure on it as the 3D isn't quite as sharp as the 2D and the buttons dock adds weight and build-quality is a little off.

I'm still curious to see what it's like, though. If it can handle turning 2D to 3D, imagine playing some classic emulators with it!

They've also tidied up the design a bit and I think the matt finish looks a lot better than glossy one they showed at CES.

Comment

Quoting a recent Engadget link
                        Wikipad is giving its slate a heavy makeover: the 8.1-inch screen is ballooning to 10.1 inches, while a lighter body will carry an unnamed quad-core processor and an option for 3G. Otherwise, you're looking at much of the same formula that first emerged in January, which includes traditional gamepad-like controls on either side as well as front and back cameras, 1080p video support and 8GB of space to store your games when you don't want to bring a microSD card.
                        This could be a nice home version of my Xperia play as long as they dont customise (F up) ICS too much. Quad core sounds lurvely for emulation That d-pad is looking very qcf-able too

Comment

This one has some potential too. Button layout looks a little weird though.

Comment

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/w...op-october-31/

Wikipad costs $499 at GameStop starting October 31, gives Android a gaming costume

Last edited by bash; 07-09-2012, 00:44.

Comment

That Dpad looks very similar to the Xbox 360 one. Oh dear

Comment

Working...
                              X