No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep! Love it. Wish I hadn't pumped loads into destruction early on as I really want it all in conjuration. Is there a chance to respec at any point?

Comment

You can respec if you own the Dragonborn expansion and progress in it to a certain point

Comment

I'm hoping to have a go at Skyrim VR. I will report back later!

Comment

Quick question. I have a home in Whiterun and a big chest. I put some stuff in it. Now some stuff in there is showing as red, like I have to steal my own stuff. Any idea why that would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Quick question. I have a home in Whiterun and a big chest. I put some stuff in it. Now some stuff in there is showing as red, like I have to steal my own stuff. Any idea why that would be?
            It's a bug. The game thinks you're stealing stuff from your chest.

I finally got granted the opportunity to fully join The Companions last night after countless radiant quests for the many members. What was really cool was that Skjor sent me to Dustman's Cairn with Aela instead of Farkas. She has the dialogue for it and everything. It turns out she was the one intended originally by Bethesda but they switched her around because they thought her dialogue to be a little too revealing into The Companion's secrets. It turns out to be actually quite a bit richer and lore relevant.
            Last edited by dataDave; 13-01-2018, 08:41.

Comment

I told a talking dog to "wait here" about 20 hours ago (can't remember where I was when I issued that command) so that's one quest that's not getting done I guess!

I also have a woman's wedding ring in my inventory twice, but her husband ran in front of me while I was torching some people anyway so that's another one I can't complete. A companion yesterday just stayed in a firing spell pose for the duration of a dungeon clearout. Luckily bethesda know their games are bugged to hell so when I left the dungeon she was magically outside with me.

Still loving it though.

Comment

At what point do I stop getting the crap kicked out of me by the puniest of things?

Went to some shiny gold dwarf fortress and a mosquito OHKO'd me!

Great relaxing busywork with many overpowered monsters knocking about spoiling my fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                  At what point do I stop getting the crap kicked out of me by the puniest of things?

Went to some shiny gold dwarf fortress and a mosquito OHKO'd me!

Great relaxing busywork with many overpowered monsters knocking about spoiling my fun.
                  Enemies in Skyrim scale with your level, so the combat difficulty never really changes that much; weapon stats make the biggest difference. Sneak attacks with ranged weapons can one hit kill as there's a three times damage multiplier. You can increase this by taking the sneak perk and taking the overdraw perk to its top tier. Enchanted items can also increase damage and poison can be added to arrows, different arrow types have different damage stats too.

What difficulty level are you playing it on because battles are a doodle if you knock it right down. Magic users seem to be more difficult to play over ranged and melee characters, so that'll make a difference as well.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 17-01-2018, 12:40.

Comment

Someone else said that too but it doesn't feel that way as I play. Enemies that were once tough are now really easy and die much quicker and easier. So while there might be some kind of scaling going on, I'm finding a huge jump in my toughness and damage I can deal as I level up, and I've only gone to 20-something so far. I ended up not dropping the difficulty because I quite quickly noticed how things eased off as I levelled up.

Comment

You've probably upgraded your weapons a lot - if you stuck with the same quality weapons / armour, leveling wouldn't make that much difference, but it also depends on the perks you pick too. Kitting out with Dragonscale Armour really boosts those defence stats. I ended up with Dragonplate armour which is slightly lower in rating but it's lighter as it suited my assassin sneaker archer better
                      Last edited by MartyG; 17-01-2018, 12:59.

Comment

Definitely true for weapons but my armour has actually been downgraded a bunch of times - going for the lightest now so I can carry more stuff. But I have also added to my light armour and one-handed weapon skills so those have gone up too.

Comment

I'm a magic user rocking a tasty steel axe. Maybe I need to work on my perks a bit better, only at lvl 11 so far!

Comment

If you're a magic user enemies definitely get easier. They might level up, maybe even at the same rate you do but your magic perks include things like getting more powerful spells, being able to cast for 50% less mana, wearing items that make you more powerful or able to cast for less mana. All this adds up to you being able to decimate enemies that were tough early on. I imagine the same is true for non-magic with better weapons and armour, less stamina needed etc.

Comment

Is Shozuki still on the forum? I wonder why he gave this game just 1 out of 10.

Edit - search is my friend.

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                              well, I don't like this at all really, its all a little uninteresting and boring. The voice acting is getting on my nerves too its pretty bad for a game in 2011. Combat is a bit disconnected, and so far the quests have been pretty uninteresting too. Don't get me started on the glitches...

I must admit I've only played 3 hours though and whilst I feel its enough - I better play more, there's must be some reason its getting such decent scores...? Graphically it looks pretty average in ultra @ 1080p running at 60+fps.

Well... pretty dissapointed in one of this years biggest releases. I hope when I finally get to Batman AC it wont let me down this much.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                All this adds up to you being able to decimate enemies that were tough early on.
                                I remember playing the Final Fantasy Online demo on 360 and it was just a whole load of people running around, desperately trying to fight a tunnel worm for a morsel of XP. It was ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X