0 0%

0 0%

1 2.04%

7 14.29%

12 24.49%

26 53.06%
Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabio View Post
    They say there isn't any scaling of the enemies in this, but I'm not so sure. I think it's taking the Fallout New Vegas approach, and enemies *within a catgeory* are scaling a little. eg, if you're fighting the 'bandits' then it will drop in the tougher ones later on (bandit highwayman instead of bandit thug etc...), but they'll never scale to the point where they're still a challenge to you past level 15 for example. It won't replace 'bandits' with one of the other categories in any given dungeon though. If it's meant to be bandits it'll always be bandits so eventually there'll be areas you waltz through.

I think it's a decent compromise. Keeps the challenge consistent in any given area, but makes it much clearer when you move to a new area that the enemies are tougher there.
    To me it seems like there isnt any scaling at all, it just seems like different areas have a certain difficulty of enemy.

Im not really sure how a lack of scaling works for the random quests though, becuase you could be given one that is either ridiculously easy or painfully hard.

Speaking of the random quests, is some of the loot in this either random or respawing? The developer reckons you can play this forever but I find that hard to belive if thees nothing left laying around to collect.

Can anyone tell me how I get rid of diseases and such? I've got status ailments coming out the wazoo. Imminent Vampirification being one of them!

EDIT: Cheers Flabio!
    Last edited by crocky-chocky; 14-11-2011 at 07:56 PM.

I'm currently Level 17 and I haven't even hunted my first dragon yet!

Loving this, haven't stuck to the main story at all. I just went off on my own little adventure discovering sidequests.

Quote Originally Posted by crocky-chocky View Post
    Can anyone tell me how I get rid of diseases and such? I've got status ailments coming out the wazoo. Imminent Vampirification being one of them!
    Activate one of the icons of the divines in one of the temples. Three to choose from in Whiterun, and plenty in the other cities. They clear all diseases and give you a 'blessing' depending on which one you activate.

Or learn how to mix a potion of cure disease. Hint:

one of the ingredients that works is vampire dust, you'll need to figure out another one with that attribute to make the potion though...

You know a game is good when it's all you can think about at work.
    I could have daydreamed the full working day away.

Quote Originally Posted by Plough Boy View Post
    You know a game is good when it's all you can think about at work.
    I could have daydreamed the full working day away.
    Lol that was me as well, sat there in the lab thinking about what i could be doing in skyrim. I hate when work gets in the way of a good game. Has anyone else been attacked by 2 dragons yet? I was in the village next to the magic college & as i was coming out the shop i heard a thud & loads of gards came running, i then looked up to see 2 dragons attacking the village, i didn't realise they could gang up on you. Just my luck lol, thankfully my training paid off as i not only handed one dragon it's ass back i did the second one in too

The dark brotherhood missions are awesome, won't spoil anything, but they have to be experienced.

I've also made it my personal mission to eradicate the tavern bards and their lousy singing.

any tips on character selection, from the guys who started again?

Exercise done. Dinner eaten. No interruptions until Bored to Death is on at 10:15. Let the three hours of Skyrim, that will feel like two and a half minutes, commence!

Quote Originally Posted by dvdx2 View Post
    any tips on character selection, from the guys who started again?
    It depends on how you want to build your character as they all have different stats. The base level for each skill set is 15 and each race has 4 skill sets that start at level 20 and one that starts at level 25. For instance I am an imperial and they start with restoration at level 25, and are a very balanced race as they also start at level 20 for both one handed combat and destruction magic.

Each race also starts with a unique power and their own unique traits.

So it depends on what kind of class you are going to build really.