Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipped PS1 up for sale

Hi

Just the one pre-modded console for sale this time...

Unboxed but in good condition, PAL Playstation 1 - original big version. Fitted with a MultiMode 3 Stealth modchip (details below, installed using 7 wire method). Comes with one official digital pad, one official white (but yellowed) psone dualshock pad, 3rd party RGB cable and official PSU, console and pads cleaned inside and out. ?13 plus postage.

PPG please. Feedback link in profile :-)

ta
    Pete

info on the chip, taken from http://www.fatcat.co.nz/psx/

What is the difference between a Standard (4 wire) chip and Stealth (7 wire) chip?
    Standard - 4 wire: With the chip wired in this mode it will load games from all regions with the exception of games that use 'Anti-modchip' code. When the chip is wired in this mode it is continuously sending data to the PlayStation and most new games released in the SCEI (Japan) region and some from the SCEA (USA) region are using 'Anti-ModChip' code to detect this data, and will stop the game from loading in any PlayStation fitted with this chip.

Stealth - 7 Wire: With the chip wired in this mode it will load all games from all regions INCLUDING games that use 'Anti-ModChip' from all regions. This is because it uses 3 extra pins to detect when to and when not to send the data to the PlayStation. But this can not be guaranteed, like all Stealth Chips as the Software Houses use different methods to combat this chip. As it stands it is the best chip on the market.

How do i use the chip in Stealth mode (7 Wire)?
    When your PlayStation is turned on the Stealth Chip goes to it's default mode - the Stealth mode. In this mode your PlayStation will load all games including ones using the 'Anti-Modchip" code.

If you press the reset button for 3 seconds or more the chip goes into Disable Mode. Turns the chip off. In this mode your PlayStation will only load original Europe (SCEE) games.

Press the reset button again for another 3 seconds or more and the chip operates like a Standard (4 wire) Modchip. In this mode your PlayStation will load all games excluding ones using the 'Anti-Modchip" code.

Press the reset for another 3 seconds or more and you enter the now not required Dino Mode. This mode has been included as a precaution. In this mode if you press the reset button for 1 second a time delay of 100 ms is added to the total time delay. There are upto 255 steps but you will find that after going through about 20 steps the games will stop loading because the delay between lines is becoming too long. The longest delay mode is 255 * 100ms = 25.5s.

To return to Stealth Mode you simply power the machine off then back on.

Model number?

Comment

I'm interested! So all I do is plug it in, and I can start playing? Or is there any NTSC TV issues or anything like that? etc. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by screamingabdabs View Post
        I'm interested! So all I do is plug it in, and I can start playing? Or is there any NTSC TV issues or anything like that? etc. Thanks!
        As long as you use the RGB cable you'll be fine. Earlier PAL models can't decode NTSC video colour though, so be aware of that - not a problem with the RGB cable though.

Thanks for the information about the chip though mmmonkey, never knew they had modes.

Comment

Thanks alot! I'd be happy to take it then, unless speedlolita wants it? I've been looking for a PS1 that can play imports for a while.

Comment

I was just curious really, I don't really need it I guess as my PS2 plays everything. Go ahead.

Comment

Oooh, it's a 7502 model. Actually, just tried the modes, and can't get the buggers to work. I programmed the chip with the correct code and wired it up properly though? Anyway, it's pkayed all the imports and cdrs I've tried on it

Comment

The modes? Sorry I'm not too educated in stuff like this

Comment

I think a 7502 can decode NTSC colour regardless of using an RGB cable.

Comment

Awesome! I'll pay first thing tomorrow then, if that's okay? Do you want to be payed via paypal?

Comment

Should do from 7k onwards. Once they dropped the expansion port. Dual Shock branded models with the built in CD player light show thing. Not 100% on PAL units mind so don't quote me.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        I think a 7502 can decode NTSC colour regardless of using an RGB cable.
                        with a small internal mod it can. this hasn't had it done though

Comment

Does anyone know which modchips were able to transmit a colour signal through the RF lead? They were early mods but I remember my PS1 working through both RF and Scart while a lot of others I came across gave a black and white picture with import titles using the RF lead.

This was before the stealth ones I'm sure.

Just saw mmmokey's post, maybe that's an answer, or did certain modchips have this ability?

Comment

Working...
                          X