No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you guys pick up that raid steelbook guys?

Comment

Funnily enough I have just finished watching it about 20 minutes ago (rented from Blockbuster).

I haven't laughed so much at a martial arts film as I have watching The Raid.

It is absolutely bonkers! Just brilliant ott violence from start to finish.

Definitely one to watch with your mates 'round.

Mad dog is a beast of a fighter!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
        Where did you guys pick up that raid steelbook guys?
        Its a Play.com exclusive

Its not as pretty as I expected...the picture on the site makes it look like it should be a white case & not silver like it is

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
        Funnily enough I have just finished watching it about 20 minutes ago (rented from Blockbuster).

I haven't laughed so much at a martial arts film as I have watching The Raid.

It is absolutely bonkers! Just brilliant ott violence from start to finish.

Definitely one to watch with your mates 'round.

Mad dog is a beast of a fighter!!!
        Glad to hear it
        Looks pretty bonkers from what I've seen in trailers

Hopefully watch it soon

Neil

Comment

The Blu-ray steelbook of The Raid was a Play.com exclusive and has sold out, sorry SuperBeatBoy!
          It's not listed on the site and following the link in my order history goes to a "We are unable to display the page you requested" message. Maybe they'll get some more in at a later date.

The cover was in Empire magazine as part of their alternative movie posters feature. They gave The Raid 5/5, so I guess it's all swings 'n' roundabout. It's done by Jock, who's got an impressive portfolio. The back image is a bit more subtle:

It's better than this version, though!

I also prefer the standard cover of Iko Uwais looking up at the towerblock, but I thought if I'm buying the Blu-ray, I might as well get the limited edition version and seeing as it's sold out it was the right decision.

I think my favourite poster is this one:

Yeah, Mad Dog is immense, Grover! Yayan Ruhian is great in Merantau too, but he's a much subtler character!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            The Blu-ray steelbook of The Raid was a Play.com exclusive and has sold out, sorry SuperBeatBoy!
            It's not listed on the site and following the link in my order history goes to a "We are unable to display the page you requested" message. Maybe they'll get some more in at a later date.

The cover was in Empire magazine as part of their alternative movie posters feature. They gave The Raid 5/5, so I guess it's all swings 'n' roundabout. It's done by Jock, who's got an impressive portfolio. The back image is a bit more subtle:

It's better than this version, though!

I also prefer the standard cover of Iko Uwais looking up at the towerblock, but I thought if I'm buying the Blu-ray, I might as well get the limited edition version and seeing as it's sold out it was the right decision.

I think my favourite poster is this one:

Yeah, Mad Dog is immense, Grover! Yayan Ruhian is great in Merantau too, but he's a much subtler character!
            Yeah that US cover is horrible. That poster you posted is pretty good, it gives the impression that its one guys stand against an army of men without showing the army of men, which is quite clever.

No matter what cover this film has though, it doesn't change much, its simply an incredibly film.

Hopefuly mine turns up on monday, can't wait to watch it again. Im glad both versions fo the film are on the Blu Ray too (the original and international versions) as the one that was shown in the cinema here does not have the the sound effects synced up to the on screen action correctly, and its also slightly cut.
            Last edited by rmoxon; 22-09-2012, 22:47.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
              I'm glad both versions of the film are on the Blu-ray too (the original and international versions) as the one that was shown in the cinema here does not have the the sound effects synced up to the on screen action correctly, and it's also slightly cut.
              I didn't know that, good shout!

The American version is slightly cut to get the R rating, but it still says "unrated version"!

Amazon.co.uk were listing the commentary as a UK exclusive, but it looks like the US version has it too. Maybe that's just from a UK review on the .com version of the site?

Comment

The reviews I have read of the US Blu Ray all say it has the commentary track. So either ours is a different comentary or its no longer exclusive.

Comment

Yeah cheapies

Comment

Anyone pick up Cabin in the Woods? Went to pick it up today to find out it has been withdrawn from sale because the release has faults. Looking online hmv don't have it listed and only amazon sellers have it in stock. Anyone know whats happened with it?

Comment

Some cool imports...
                      Last edited by dvdx2; 26-09-2012, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                        Anyone pick up Cabin in the Woods? Went to pick it up today to find out it has been withdrawn from sale because the release has faults. Looking online hmv don't have it listed and only amazon sellers have it in stock. Anyone know whats happened with it?
                        have my steely from hmv, they emailed me saying i'll have a new replacement disc in 2 weeks. Its still watchable mind, just a slight layer change style pause in two spots of the film.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          Nice!

Do you know if they have released all the death Wish movies yet??
                          I might have to update my old collection if they have.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Nice!

Do you know if they have released all the death Wish movies yet??
                            I might have to update my old collection if they have.

Neil

Just 2,3 & 4

2 is cut, so i'm just sticking with my region 2 Dutch dvd

Well worth the upgrade on 3&4, as the transfers are widescreen :-)

Comment

Did Michael "Calm down, dear" Winner direct all the Death Wish films?

How many were there?

Does Charles Bronson smile in any of them?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Did Michael "Calm down, dear" Winner direct all the Death Wish films?

How many were there?

Does Charles Bronson smile in any of them?!
                                No, he directed 1,2&3

There were 5 - I think its being remade with neeson.....could only be a rumor

Of course he smiles "I like chicken - chickens good" :-)
                                Last edited by dvdx2; 26-09-2012, 16:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X