Toy Story 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toy Story 4

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. We've been flooded with word from UK readers that Tom Hanks let a little something slip while appearing on BBC's Breakfast Show promoting Larry Crowne regarding the future of the Toy Story series. He said that he...

Apparently Hanks let slip on the BBC that work has begun. I agree that 3 is a perfect ending but on the other hand I have enough faith in Pixar to pull this off.

Well I still think 2 had a perfect ending, 3 was a pointless money making sequel, which lets face it is all Pixar seem to make now.

Apparently Cars 2 is not very good, I doubt this will be very good either, though much like the third film it will probabaly still get rave reviews just becuase its Toy Story.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      Well I still think 2 had a perfect ending, 3 was a pointless money making sequel, which lets face it is all Pixar seem to make now.

Apparently Cars 2 is not very good, I doubt this will be very good either, though much like the third film it will probabaly still get rave reviews just becuase its Toy Story.
      I've seen it get a slating in a few places, but have also heard today its doing excellent business.

Comment

Hmm this does seem like they are milking it if true, although Toy Story 3 was actually my favourite of the series. Never thought much of Cars though so won't bother with the sequel.

There is a trailer out for their next film Brave. Looks interesting and i'm pretty sure that's Kevin McKidd doing the voiceover

*edit* yep just checked IMDB and McKidd is voicing one of the characters, most of the actors in it seem to be Scottish and English.
        Last edited by number9dream; 27-06-2011, 19:59.

Comment

Despite the growing number of sequels it's fairly unlike Pixar to do one unless they have a solid idea for it. For me TS3 stomped all over TS2 so I was happy with it's general story telling and ending. I've certainly got less concern about it than I have the Cars sequel (I like the first one but this seems to be gravitating completely away from it and into generic territory) or the upcoming Monsters Inc prequel.

Still, could be worse, could be Incredibles 2

Comment

Toy Story of TerrorABC has confirmed that Pixar’s new 30-minute short “Toy Story of Terror” is slated to air this Halloween. The short will follow the loveable group of toys as they embark on that classic trope of horror films: a road trip adventure that goes wrong. [Source: The Telegraph] Downton AbbeyPBS’ “Downton Abbey” is […]

No news on TS4 but Toy Story of Terror, a new 30 min halloween short will air on ABC this October

Comment

My son will bite there hand off for another Toy Story movie. I friggin loves it. I reckon I've seen the 3 films more than any man alive dues to this. Got to admit, after so much exposure, these films don't get old.

Has anyone seen Toy Story toons? Seriously, watch the Partysaurus Rex episode to see how Pixar still have a lot to give. It's hilariously good. I saw it on Disney channel. I think there's a poor quality version on YouTube. Steer clear. Settle for a high quality video of it.

Comment

Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Pictures have set a June 16th 2017 release date for a fourth film in the “Toy Story” franchise. Walt Disney Co. chief Bob Iger made the announcement to Wall Street analysts as he discussed the company’s fourth quarter and fiscal year results on Thursday. Pixar CCO and original “Toy […]

On the 16th June 2017 filmgoers can officially run to their local cinemas and see Toy Story 4. The film is a direct sequel, following what happens next to the toys. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are already confirmed and John Lasseter will be directing again after skipping the helm on TS3..

Comment

Following Disney’s announcement yesterday about a fourth “Toy Story” film being in the works, the film’s director and Pixar chief John Lasseter has spoken with The Los Angeles Times about why he chose to return to the franchise as helmer after handing over the reigns for the two previous sequels: “One of the things that […]

John Lasseter talks about why he's returning to the directing biz and TS4. A previous news story had described the next film as being more of a love story, I wonder if it's going to involve Woody and the lost Bo-Peep somewhere?

Comment

With “Toy Story 3” effectively serving as a trilogy capper, it was a surprise when word came that a fourth film in the series was in development. Pixar studio president Jim Morris recently spoke with Disney Latino where he confirmed that the next film is NOT a continuation of “Toy Story 3”. Instead, it’s something […]

The Pixar head has said that TS4 isn't a continuation except that it is. He's somewhat fumbly, presumably he's talking thematically as the previous 3 focused on the relationship between the Toys and Andy whereas this one won't be based around the child/toy dynamic

Comment

At least I can hold off getting the 3D boxset until 2018 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        The Pixar head has said that TS4 isn't a continuation except that it is.
                        Hate it when movie people spout this ****.

It is a continuation, Mr Pixar Head. That's why it has a number "4" in it. If it isn't a continuation, it's not "Toy Story 4"; it's a spinoff and should be titled as such, or, ideally, you should make something totally new.

Prometheus did this **** too.

Comment

I love the Toy Story Shorts they've done post-TS3.
                          My faves are Partysaurus Rex and Small Fry. Bonus points to the latter for featuring Condorman!

Comment

I remember listening to Mark Kamode once where he said TS is the best trilogy of all time and at the time I was like What the frick is he on about but the more I've thought about it I've come to believe he's right.

That aside this 4th movie just stinks of cash grab, especially seeing their explanations of what it will be about. Love story my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                              I remember listening to Mark Kamode once where he said TS is the best trilogy of all time and at the time I was like What the frick is he on about but the more I've thought about it I've come to believe he's right.
                              Yeah, I could go with that, strange though it is agreeing with Mark Kamode on someting.

I find all three films to be consistently brilliant. It's definitely up there with original Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X