SNES Super Scope Advice/Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNES Super Scope Advice/Help Needed!

Haven't touched my Super Scope for years so have decided to sell it. Naturally I thought "hmm, better test it to see if it still works" and so far it would seem it doesn't. But maybe it does.

Basically I no longer own an CRT so have tried it on my LED LCD TV, projector and LCD TV. On all three the super scope 6 game registers that I have shot to start, but then fails to register on the aiming screen. Occasionally it will register but then on the screen to test the calibration it doesn't do anything, although the text flashes when you press fire.

I've read the manual and it does mention that it is incompatible with Liquid Crystal and projection TVs. I had always assumed that as the Scope has that little sensor box it operated like the Wiimotes or G-con 3 guns do so didn't rely on the reflection from a CRT.

So my question is basically - have I just wasted an hour and the Scope 6 ONLY works on CRTs (in other words can I sell it as working?) or is mine dead/dying? Have you ever tried your (known to be working) scope on an LCD with success? Can I interest you in a nicely boxed Scope 6 that might not work?

I appreciate any help

I am no expert at this, however I believe that all light gun tech only works on CRT displays. For a light gun to work on an LCD you need IR bars or some sort of receiver. I think anyway

Comment

Yeah, you need a CRT for light guns.

Comment

Thanks - I knew you needed a CRT for wired light guns but had assumed the little box the Scope has to put on the TV acted as the receiver. Having searched the web a bit I found a guy on yahoo answers who basically said the box is only used to make the gun wireless and it still relies on the scanlines to see where you are firing. A look on Wikipedia backs this up so I'm almost certain it does work providing you have a CRT, and will ebay it as such!

Shame really as I fancied one last go of Yoshi Safari before I flogged it....

Comment

The receiver is to make it wireless. It's basically an infra red receiver, with the scope button presses activating the IR led thingys like a tv remote.

Is yoshi's safari decent? Does anyone know if you can 2 player with 2 scopes..?

Comment

Working...
          X