Fable: The Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fable: The Journey

Lionhead Studios has licensed Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 for its upcoming Kinect game Fable: The Journey.

The latest in Lionhead's Xbox 360 exclusive series that's sold over 9 million total copies, Fable: The Journey is an on-rails, motion-controlled action-adventure title that has players casting spells against enemies with different gestures.

Creative director Peter Molyneux, who debuted the title earlier today, says Unreal Engine 3's tools have helped his team in creating cinematic in-game experiences for the title, as well as "never seen before gameplay experiences".

Microsoft said in a press release: "Set five years after the events of Fable III, Journey takes you on a magical journey with only your loyal horse at your reins, Theresa, the mysterious seer of Fable III, by your side, and a malevolent evil to defeat before it claims all of Albion.

"With the power of Kinect for Xbox 360, craft and control magic in a way that can?t be done with a controller. Fable: The Journey draws players deep into the action and adventure of the Fable franchise like never before."

And Molyneux lying again

We only had time to show a little bit of navigation and little bit of magic. A lot of people have written since that it?s Fable on rails ? it?s not on rails. That is a definitive statement.?"
    From the demo at E3 it was clearly on rails. Why does he always have to lie so much?

If you fancy a laugh, read the comments on this post...

Comment

Cripes!

What the hell have you done? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! YOU TOOK IT PRETTY DAMN FAR WITH FABLE 2 WHEN TESTING MY PATIENCE AND NOW YOU DO THIS?! WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN EVERYTHING?! NO ONE WANTS THIS! THIS IS NOT AN RPG! THIS IS NOT FABLE! STOP MAKING EVERYTHING SO CASUAL. YOU PUSHED IT TOO FAR THIS TIME. I assure you, I will not give your new game my business. I hope this bankrupts your studio, then you may learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Prototype View Post
        And Molyneux lying again
        The demo was on rails in order to make sure the demo didn't go wrong. Doesn't mean the man's lying.
        Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

That was the one that got me too - you'd swear Lionhead had just opened The Ark of the Covenant.

I also liked

YOU DO NOT LISTEN YOUR FANS, AND I QUIT!!
          and

You have just talking a massive dump on your on heads.

and my real favourite

eeeeeeeeeessssssssssss lo penultimo mejor que e visto en la vida ademas de fable 1 se parece al assassin's creed bueno eso pienso yo
          I have no idea what that means, but you can tell he's literally fuming in-front of his PC. He may even have combusted by now.

Comment

Either you?re giving me a real Fable 4 in 2012 or spring 2013 latest, or I?m going to be really disappointed.
            FFS Flabio, pull your finger out will you! This twat's waiting...

That other moron above too. I don't know how you manage to read stuff like that without punching whoever's closest to you at the time. Sometimes I hate the interweb.

YOU TOOK IT PRETTY DAMN FAR WITH FABLE 2 WHEN TESTING MY PATIENCE AND NOW YOU DO THIS?!
            I can visualise the, undoubtedly, obese moron spitting Pringles all over the place in indignation as he types that, his stupid purple face the very picture of rage. I mean, come on, so-called Flabio. How can you TEST HIS PATIENCE LIKE THAT?!

Comment

Yeah Flabio, why you not listen your fans? Why you have just talking a massive dump on your on heads?

Comment

Lol, it's funny.

I played the first Fable game for about 5 minutes before deciding it wasn't really for me. Doesn't mean the game's no good; just means I didn't like it (I haven't liked a Molyneaux game since Syndicate and Powermonger). The game gave me the impression I could wander around anywhere so as soon as I hit an invisible wall i stopped and that was the end of my Fable experience. Sounds like this guy on the Lionhead forums keeps going back to a game series he doesn't even like! What a tool!

Comment

Why the need to use Unreal when Lionhead have their own tech and only just a while back were talking of amazing new tech they got from Project Milo and speaking of where is that game ?

Comment

It is curious a studio like Lionhead with all their creative and technical resources decided to license the Unreal engine. Maybe it's ideally suited to the game they have in mind?

Anyway, I quite like what little I've seen of the game, not enough to contemplate buying a Kinect though.

Comment

Maybe it was licensed as a quick and easier way of building the game with better quality visuals than F2 and 3. Watching the vid reminds me of the Star Wars vid where I end up wishing it was on Wii, for me the 100% lack of physical controller of any sort dampens the immersion

Comment

Lol, how scary would it be to actually meet some of the people that type that stuff, and I don't mean Molyneux.

Comment

Not that I condone the abuse lionhead have received over the game, but I would much rather a proper Fable 4.

F3 was really mixed but it had it's moments. With some decent direction this series could be fantastic but the presentation given on Monday showed a real mis-step in the franchise. It may just have been a poor demo and I'll happily be proven wrong, but this game looks dreadful.

Comment

You didn't get as far as the post where someone claims that every Fable since the first has been ****e because we've let women work on them.

I've been in this mental industry for over a decade now, and for the first time I can see why there are so few people over 30 in it.

Everything is wrong. Everything.

I can't do this anymore.

Comment

I didnt get that far, and that is WRONG. Don't give up.

The industry needs to realise that great games are selling. Even if they arent the next CoD, they are selling.

Journey, to me, does not look like a "core" game on Kinect. It just looks like a Kinect game using a "core" brand.

I dont think Kinect is suitible for the long-term gamer and I don't think Lionhead should be making this game.

Comment

Working...
                              X