No announcement yet.

Fable: The Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isn't there some sort of unwritten rule that creatives should never visit their own forums?

I bet the staff at Blizzard don't go near the WoW forums. They've probably got a dedicated team of troll-wranglers to handle it. I know the Penny Arcade guys don't read theirs.

Hell, even indie developers suffer from this problem - wasn't the Minecraft creator recently discussing the need to keep a safe distance from his fan community?

Basically: onine anonymity attracts nutjobs.

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
    I've been in this mental industry for over a decade now, and for the first time I can see why there are so few people over 30 in it.

Everything is wrong. Everything.
    as someone who's been in the industry for a year and a half, and is wondering whether to stay long-term, posts like this worry me!

at the risk of further unbalancing the 20-80 ratio Wools mentioned - I'd be very interested to hear more of your thoughts on this. although I know you probably can't elaborate much.

Comment

The latest Xbox breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at Gamesradar

Comment

So, hang on... is it on rails?

Comment

I was drunk last night when I posted that to be honest. Been a bit of a rubbish week and I'm not happy with how the games been received.

Not happy with other (non work related) things either right now and I'm just depressed.

So ignore me, I'm just being miserable. Probably be fine after the weekend and a bit of inFamous 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            Are you listening to yourself? You are talking about a game that has had less than 5 minutes shown, not a title 15 years in development (though it hasn't really been 15 years in development).

Personally, if I worked on a game I'd never out myself on a forum, wouldn't be worth the hassle.
            Don't give me this 5 min shown there's many a game that's ready be shot down be that Sonic, Ninja Gaiden III, COD 8, DMC Rebot ECT on this board , with nothing more than a screen shot or short vid to go on

You go on about Heart and Soul...No doubt George Broussard put all that into Duke and a hell of a lot of his own Money, only for many here to dismiss the game before they've even played the final game

as someone who's been in the industry for a year and a half, and is wondering whether to stay long-term, posts like this worry me!
            I think you people need to get a bit real and a grip... It's forum talk and nothing more . It's not personal attacks or anything like that. You're isn't the only profession to get a hard time on boards/forums from time to time , so does the NHS (where I work) so does football, so does car boards the list goes on, hell I seen massive fighting between members and owers of fisheries on Carping boards

This day and age we all should be lucky we got Jobs to go too, more so in the video game industry

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              I think you people need to get a bit real and a grip...
              I don't want to speak for Flabio, but I think he is talking about more than the reaction of a game on a forum, as being the problem with the industry.

The games industry is a terrible mess at times, and that goes for both sides of it.

Comment

I don't want to speak for Flabio, but I think he is talking about more than the reaction of a game on a forum, as being the problem with the industry.
                So many people ready to stick the boot in with out even playing the game (even when it's out) that has always happened and will always happen . If you don't like it, don't post on forums because games will get knocked form time to time , sometimes with nothing more than a CGI screen shot to go on, like with DMC reboot

Really people should be above that if, and its nothing to what some of the personal abuse footballers and Managers have to put up with, never mind Lines officials and Ref's (and not all of them are on massive wages ) . I do think people need to get a grip, I'm in a wonderful Job now, but started out in a Factory as a service Boy and reading some silly posts on the forum would have been the least of my worries, when you're routinely treated like and spoken to like sh8t and told if you don't like it.... there's the Door.

And in this day and age and in the Video game industry Jobs aren't that easy to go on

Comment

I think The Journey is a great idea for Lionhead. If they'd just released Fable 4 they'd probably have gotten even more criticism for doing more of the same.
                  This is something I have raised a few times lately. So many moan when Nintendo announce a new console with Mario Kart, Zelda and so on yet when a dev does something different with a franchise they get all kinds of backlash. Sometimes they just cannot win no matter what they do.

That said i'm not sure about this direction for Fable but ultimately I am not making it and I won't be buying it so it matters little really.

Comment

So many people ready to stick the boot in with out even playing the game (even when it's out) that has always happened and will always happen . If you don't like it, don't post on forums because games will get knocked form time to time , sometimes with nothing more than a CGI screen shot to go on, like with DMC reboot

Really people should be above that if, and its nothing to what some of the personal abuse footballers and Managers have to put up with, never mind Lines officials and Ref's (and not all of them are on massive wages ) . I do think people need to get a grip, I'm in a wonderful Job now, but started out in a Factory as a service Boy and reading some silly posts on the forum would have been the least of my worries, when you're routinely treated like and spoken to like sh8t and told if you don't like it.... there's the Door.
                    I wish the rest of the world was as much of a double-hard-bastard as you mate.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    This is something I have raised a few times lately. So many moan when Nintendo announce a new console with Mario Kart, Zelda and so on yet when a dev does something different with a franchise they get all kinds of backlash. Sometimes they just cannot win no matter what they do.
                    Yep. Ridge Racer Unbounded all over again.

Comment

"Yours isn't the only profession to get a hard time on boards/forums from time to time. So does the NHS." [ corrected for grammar ]

Well said Team Andromeda. Nicely contextualized, too. This hand-wringing over how a trail of one's entertainment product is received is well over the top and indulgent. These trails are put out there to elicit a response. If you don't like the response: 1. look to your product; 2. look to your audience. Only one can be right. The result will either be: 1. you stick to your guns, prove 'em wrong and deliver a superb piece of work (an on-rails shooter was my fave game of last year: Sin and Punishment 2 on Wii); 2. you concede you've gone down the wrong track/are out of your depth and make adjustments.

Got no time for this sorry. Am an academic and it took me 8 years to research and write my second book and a further 2 years to secure a publishing contract. Why? Because every peer review slated the **** out of it! Anyway it's contracted now and I've got to deliver; but guess what, I think the critics may have been onto something...?!?!

ps.: I will say, though, that the violently abusive tone/content of the criticisms against Lionhead has been utterly disgraceful and alarming, so I sympathize with that.

Comment

I guess you're all better men than me then. I won't waste any more of your time by posting in this thread again.

Comment

Comparing the gaming industry to the NHS?

Yeah, that's me out too.

Comment

This is something I have raised a few times lately. So many moan when Nintendo announce a new console with Mario Kart, Zelda and so on yet when a dev does something different with a franchise they get all kinds of backlash. Sometimes they just cannot win no matter what they do
                            So many moan at SEGA for trying something new with SONIC, or Capcom and with respect I think the biggest moan is the lack of new idea and new IP. Peter Molyneux in his Best and worst of the Year Edge post used to moan about the 'depressing lack of originality' and anything new at E3 .

Milo looked different and new and featured great looking tech, The Journey didn't look much new, didn't look fun to play and didn't look that great in the Gfx dept (all issues with Star Wars on Kinect to be honest) Where as demo like Eden at last years E3 looks far better and more fun to play . But until the game ships none of us will ever really know

Myself I think the trouble is Kinect it's self and it's just not suited to games that require character movement in 360 degree's in a game world , due to issues of space in ones home and so developers are finding it hard to make games where a character needs to move, but where the player must stay in front of the Kincet unit it's self

Comment

So many moan at SEGA for trying something new with SONIC, or Capcom and with respect I think the biggest moan is the lack of new idea and new IP. Peter Molyneux in his Best and worst of the Year Edge post used to moan about the 'depressing lack of originality' and anything new at E3 .
                              Sega has completely squeeze every ounce it can out of Sonic and the issue has never been doing something different, it has been doing new and badly.

Comment

Comparing the gaming industry to the NHS?

Yeah, that's me out too.
                                Wait for me, I'll come with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X