No announcement yet.

Fable: The Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose the flip approach though is that Flabio's already stated that they have multiple teams so Journey isn't the only thing they're working on. I guess it's reassuring that people are so passionate about the brand, but I can see why it would be disheartening when the ones on your own forum are so moronic. To be honest, remembering that Fable 3 only came out a few months ago I wouldn't reasonably expect Fable 4 this generation anyway so with some time left to go there's no harm in such spin-offs. As long as the final quality holds up well it won't harm the franchise in any way.

Comment

I've been in this mental industry for over a decade now, and for the first time I can see why there are so few people over 30 in it.

Everything is wrong. Everything.

I can't do this anymore.
      Tbh if you feel like that I really don't know why you're a member of forum, if you can't take a bit of criticism (some of it genuine) . I'm sure if this was SONIC Team and SONIC or the likes of Activsion and Warcaft it would be a different... Not doubt endless posts of sell out, cashin's, not giving fans what they want, along with endless posts at how **** it looks ECT,ECT

Why the need for Unreal , when it was only a few months ago Linohead were going on about their new tech (based off Milo) that broke through the billion Polygon barrier , or is that like the so called game it was based on , just more spin from Peter

Comment

Meh, you never have anything nice to say to me anyway, so onto ignore you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
          Meh, you never have anything nice to say to me anyway, so onto ignore you go.
          So to be your friend one has to hang on your every word and agree with everything you say ... This is getting more like GameFAQ's every day .

I think most of my points with this game and Milo are pretty reasonable....where is Milo and it's Billion Polygon Tech ?; If this was Activision or Sonic Team members would be slacking it off to the high heavens ,be lucky you don't work for them, I'm sure their teams have feelings and don't set out to make horrible games or upset message boards

But **** happens

Comment

Maybe avoiding Lionhead's own forums is the best thing to do.

Sure, a developer needs to hear constructive criticism in order to improve their products, but reading an official forum will only give you biased opinions; either they are there because they love a developer and all of their output, or they go there because it's the closest they can get to telling developers how much they hate a certain game.

But a developer must understand that if a certain trend of opinion of their game is appearing across multiple forums/journalist sites, then there's probably a good reason as to why a lot of people think their game doesn't look very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              This is getting more like GameFAQ's every day
              every day you post here anyway

Comment

Tbh, I can see why fans of the previous games feel a little cheated. It's a pretty blatent attempt to cash-in on the ip's brand with very little creative effort.
                MS, 'We need more kinect titles asap! Right so lets leverage our ip in as cost effective manner as possible and shove it out the door'

RPGs do tend to polarise peoples opinions too so for some, having their favourite title turned into a hand waving, body gesticulating corridor shooter has probably been the final straw.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo1990 View Post
                  Tbh, I can see why fans of the previous games feel a little cheated. It's a pretty blatent attempt to cash-in on the ip's brand with very little creative effort.
                  MS, 'We need more kinect titles asap! Right so lets leverage our ip in as cost effective manner as possible and shove it out the door'

RPGs do tend to polarise peoples opinions too so for some, having their favourite title turned into a hand waving, body gesticulating corridor shooter has probably been the final straw.
                  Spot on post , though it's not just RPG's anytime you take a established IP and then try to use it in diff genre, build on it (or in some cases milk it) you're have to be ready for a bit of an backlash . Sometimes it can work like it with Panzer going from a shooter to a RPG, or sometimes it can fail and just cause a ton of hurt and resentment like with Castlevania: Judgment , Virutal Fighter Quest

Comment

For crying out loud do we have to dismiss this game as a cash in with very little creative effort before anyone's even played the finished game? There'll be plenty of time to do that afterwards.

That last sentence was a joke. Let's give this a chance. Same goes for Ninja Gaiden 3

Comment

People seem to fail to realize that this is quite clearly a "spin-off" game in the Fable franchise. It's not "Fable 4", I could understand the nerd rage if Peter Molyneux would have said: "This is the only Fable 4 that you'll be getting, tough luck.", but he didn't.

Comment

I work for a developer, but unless it’s an update about the game or just talking enthusiastically about the game I’m working on, I don’t mention it in every thread I post in. All that encourages is for others to deride the game through you, or you feel the need to defend it.

That will lead to threads like these, where 20% of discussion is about Fable The Journey, and the other 80% is now focused on questions to the developer.

Either suck it up and take the blows, or pull back from discussing it altogether.

Comment

So to be your friend one has to hang on your every word and agree with everything you say ... This is getting more like GameFAQ's every day
                          I would suspect not. However, mouthing off at someone over something they pour all their love and energy into, in a repetitive fashion, is probably enough to get someone to switch off. What's the old saying "Easy to criticise, not so easy to create".

I think The Journey is a great idea for Lionhead. If they'd just released Fable 4 they'd probably have gotten even more criticism for doing more of the same.

Yet again, people jumping up and down and proclaiming what a game is or isn't, without having any experience of it whatsoever.

Lionhead have long been rumoured (maybe even confirmed?) to be working on a Kinect title. How is such a shock that it is a Fable one? :S
                          Last edited by Jebus; 10-06-2011, 14:52.

Comment

Sometimes it can work like it with Panzer going from a shooter to a RPG, or sometimes it can fail and just cause a ton of hurt and resentment like with Castlevania: Judgment , Virutal Fighter Quest
                            I do think though that anyone who might feel 'hurt and resentment' over a game is possibly taking things a touch too seriously and might benefit from stepping away from the computer and going outdoors for a while.
                            Being passionate about something is one thing, being an obssessive nerd with a keyboard warrior complex and no social skills is quite another. I'm not saying that's what you are btw, rather the sad cases posting on the Lionhead forum.
                            Last edited by endo; 10-06-2011, 14:54.

Comment

I would suspect not. However, mouthing off at someone over something they pour all their love and energy into, in a repetitive fashion, is probably enough to get someone to switch off. What's the old saying "Easy to criticise, not so easy to create".
                              I'm pretty sure that almost every developer in the world sets out to make the best game they can and work dame hard at it. People are slagging Duke after a team spent 10 years plus working on it for example . This board more than most loves to slag off developers not in favour, those teams no doubt have feelings and tried their best and worked long hard hours to make games, but sometimes it doesn't work out

Being passionate about something is one thing, being an obssessive nerd with a keyboard warrior complex and no social skills is quite another. I'm not saying that's what you are btw, rather the sad cases posting on the Lionhead forum
                              People will always go OTT and take it to far , more so in sport . I'm believe in debating and that means you have give a little and expect to take a little back; The Journey looks to be something that should have been included as bonus game or a mini quest in Fable III but none of us have seen the full game so we'll have to wait , just at the moment it doesn't look that great for me

How is such a shock that it is a Fable one? :S
                              None at all . But there again people slag of the likes of Capcom for using it's IP in different genre's

Comment

I'm pretty sure that almost every developer in the world sets out to make the best game they can and work dame hard at it. People are slagging Duke after a team spent 10 years plus working on it for example . This board more than most loves to slag off developers not in favour, those teams no doubt have feelings and tried their best and worked long hard hours to make games, but sometimes it doesn't work out
                                Are you listening to yourself? You are talking about a game that has had less than 5 minutes shown, not a title 15 years in development (though it hasn't really been 15 years in development).

Personally, if I worked on a game I'd never out myself on a forum, wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Comment

Working...
                                X